Day 14

Morgan's POV

Walk. See a door. Bust it open. Check for people. Don't find any. Repeat.

"I'm starving," Alex tells me after about two hours.

"Me too, but it wasn't my idea to run around the hallways looking for other people."

This place is a lot bigger than we both thought. Well, than I thought. Alex seems to know a lot about this place. Maybe too much. I push the thought out of my mind.

"Safety in numbers. The more of us there are," he pauses to check on of the rooms. "The harder it'll be for them to take us down."

"Or, the more of us there are, the easier it'll be for them to find us, since we'll all be in the same place," I shoot back at him.

"Can't you ever think about the positive?"

"I don't think about the positive, I think about the reasonable."

"Yeah," he stops walking and turns around, facing me. "You were obviously thinking reasonably when you called up your friend to drive you into a tree."

My stomach drops to the floor. His face is expressionless. He looks like he just told me the most obvious thing ever, like Wow, the grass is green, as if I should agree with him.

"H-how do you know that?"

His eyes go wide. He stands there, mouth wide open.

"I-I di... I..." he stutters.

"Save it." I turn around and start walking away.

"Wait, Morgan, wait!" He calls behind me. I shut him out.

I feel like I'm going to cry. I pick up my pace, looking at the floor, watching every tile pass.

I haven't told anyone, how does he know?

Then, What a dickhead! That isn't even what happened!

After that, Yeah, and what were you thinking when you let your sister burn you house down?

" Why do I always come up with good comebacks after the time I need it passes?" I scold myself.

I bump into someone.

"Maybe it's because you're human," they say in a voice that's all too familiar. I don't even have to look up to know what it is.

God dammit.

For some reason, I look up anyways. And of course, it's him. The nameless, soulless monster that likes to visit my dreams.

I notice the pocket knife, open and clenched in his fist. The same one from last time. He puts his other hand on the back of my neck.

"Now, where were we?" He asks, but he already knows the answer.

"What the hell do you want from me? What is it that I have that no one else has?" I manage to spit out.

"I want to see you in pain. I want to see you suffer."

What the actual fuck have I gotten myself into?

Before I can even react, he slams me against the wall. My head hits the wall with a thud that rattles my brain. A small grunt of pain escapes my mouth.

"I love it," he hisses.

"Go to hell!" I shout in his face.

"I already have," he shoots back before slamming my head once again on the wall. I'm certain I hear a crack.