Selection

Massive hands slowly reached out and rested upon your shoulders. Your body had been shivering from anxiety for the past few minutes, but it was now steadying by Hanzo's touch. It was amazing to you, really, and rather comforting—for a man with great strength, he could make his hands feel as light as two doves resting upon you. He could do likewise with his voice, for as naturally robust as he typically sounded, the man could speak to you in a low, soothing tone that flowed from his lips like a fine wine. And in this tone, he spoke your name, his deep gaze falling upon your face, searching your eyes as if beckoning to connect with you. Accordingly, you returned his gaze. How could you not, especially when he had those eyes that never ceased to bewitch you? So serious, but so compassionate.

"Is this truly what you want?" Hanzo asked you. His thick thumbs drew firm circles on your shoulders. The rest of his fingers had already tucked themselves beneath the edges of your silk robe.

Your heartbeat instantly quickened. Right now, you were just one word away from experiencing a night unlike anything you had ever known. You had never been with a man before, so you weren't sure what to expect. Of course, you weren't living under a rock; you knew how it worked. But understanding it was not the same thing as experiencing it for yourself. Still, the great unknown could not stop you from doing this. Be it wonderful or terrible, you at least wanted to share this night with Hanzo—the man who was once a mere foreign stranger to you, now transformed into the one who captured your heart. You wanted some way to express your love to him, and feeling confident in the strength of your bond, you saw nothing wrong with giving yourself. Not to mention, biology had become such a powerful force these days, for you had grown so attracted to the marksman that your body simply ached whenever he was not around.

Hanzo was keeping himself still, awaiting your response. For a brief second, you had become distracted by his massive upper body, now unclothed and exposing his perfectly cut physique. The small light from the lamp in the corner was just enough to hit and highlight every single muscle, from his thick, broad shoulders all the way down to his abs. Although you could but faintly see it, your eye scanned the beautifully intricate dragon tattoo expanding across his entire left arm and part of his chest—a fine piece of artwork, and perhaps one of his most exotic traits. While you stared at his stunning body, a hot blush graced your cheeks. It was not until you realized that he was still staring at your face that you quickly returned your attention to his eyes. To answer his question, you took a deep breath and nodded your head.

But this did not convince him. His hands did not flinch. With a frown, he tilted his head slightly. "You are nervous," he pointed out.

"I've never done this before," you murmured.

Hanzo let out a hum. "I see." He gave you an accepting nod. "Then this makes two of us."

You slightly cocked your brows. How surprising. After all these years traveling the world like a lonely wolf, Hanzo Shimada had never laid with anyone? Not even during his days as the heir to his clan's underground empire? Oh, hands-down, he could have had any woman he desired back then. "But how?" were the tiny words that slipped from your mouth.

Hanzo's gaze was softening. "I... never had the time for such affairs," he replied, "Nor did I ever focus on women. I had always avoided unnecessary pleasures, fearing that they would distract me from my progress."

You were slightly puzzled. You knew very well that Hanzo loved you in return, but if romance interfered with his goals, then why did he choose to be with you in the first place? What made you stand out from all the other girls of the world? "Well, what about now?" you asked your lover. "Would you call... this an unnecessary pleasure?..."