Chapter 12- This is how we do it

"You're crazy" he yells from the car window.

"You might be right but it sure is fun" I laugh. 

"This is very dangerous Lena" he said wearily 

"Just keep driving" I yell back to him in the drivers seat. 

I purchased a used car with Eli I didn't want to purchase brand new one because I didn't  want him knowing I was rich. I don't know why I wanted to hide it but I did.

He starts to slow down to a stop and I slide down the bonnet. "You could of fallen off" he said shaking a bit.

"That's the excitement of it" I laugh a genuine laugh. He stared at me in awe and I realised that i haven't laughed once since I've been here. I half smile and look at the ground tucking lose strands of hair behind my ear.

"Do that again" He whispers stepping closer.

"Do what?"  I question.

"Laugh" he steps even closer, I can feel his breath on my neck.

I step back. "I can't do it on demand" I say a bit to harshly. shit. I step forward so our bodies touch.

"You laugh like god" He whispers into my ear. "I've never heard anything like it".

"And how exactly does god laugh?" I smirk looking up at him.

"Just like heaven" he places a kiss on my forehead. and I shiver. I've never had that feeling before. He looks into my eyes and I can't help but stare. he caresses my cheek "So beautiful yet so damaged. what happened to you lena". And he had to ruin it. 

I sigh and step away. "To many things that can't all be fixed" I admit. "Lets go back" I pretty much ordered.

I got back to the dorms and Mel was fast asleep. I snuck in and passed out on my bed thinking about how broken I really am.

"Lena!" some one shook me awake and i was ready to knock the the f*ck out. Mel's face stared back at me. 

"What Mel?!" I half whispered half yelled.

"Eli's here" she pointed at the door.

"F*ck" I whispered to myself and got up. I opened the door to the dare I say it gorgeous Eli. "How can I help you?" I tried my best to sound as polite as possible. 

"I'm taking you out so go and get ready and meet me in the lobby in 10" and with that he was off.

I sighed. I sure was hanging with Eli a lot but he was very cute and he kept creepy cole and his sister away so that was a bonus, they seemed scared of him and from what I've heard was that Eli was the resident bad boy. But I knew better because when he was with me he was just Eli.

I quickly changed into some jeans and nice top, brushed my hair but a bit of makeup on and walked down stairs.

There he was in jeans and a white t-shirt with a hint of a tattoo showing up his arm. His hair all disheveled. God he was hot.

"Hey" he smiled when he saw me. "You look beautiful as always" He smirks and I almost die.

"Not to shabby yourself there" I grinned. "Okay so where are we going?" I ask curiously.

"We are going to a diner" He announces. 

"Cool" I smile back at him.

We arrive at the diner and its very 1950's. I like it. we sat down in a booth and order.

"I didn't know you could sing" Eli suddenly brings it up.

"Thats how I made my money on the road" I nod.

"You were on the road?"

"Yeah since I was sixteen" I don't know why I was telling him this.

"What about you're parents?"

"They died, left me with my grandparents who are the worse people in existence" which was true.

"So you ran away?"

"Kinda they said ever I stay with them and live by their rules or I could go live on the street, I picked the street." I shrug.

"That must of been hard being by yourself" he says sympathetically 

"I've seen things no person should ever witness. I learnt to look out for myself. Look as much as this is Interesting I'd rather not talk about it."

"I understand" he smiles an appreciative smile at me. 

We sat in silence until our food came.

"My father left us" He blurted out. "I'm sorry I just thought I should share something too"

I smile and wait for him to continue.

"My father left when I was 16. He was a drunk and was always hitting my mum. One night he came back from the the bar more drunk than I had ever seen him and he starts going off at mum, he takes her by the hair and smashes her head into a wall. I couldn't stand by and watch I had to do something so I beat the shit out of him. I sent him to hospital. He never came back home afterwards. And though he beat her she still loved him and never forgave me for chasing him away. We were poor with him and we were even poorer without him. Mum worked heaps of jobs. My little sister May has a paper route. and I work as a waiter at flashy events" He paused. "I've seen some shit too".

I didn't know what to say, I just grabbed his hand from across the table and rubbed it.