26.

16 March 2015
2:00am

JUNGKOOK

The four us, Rapmon, Jin, Suga and I, waited for Taehyung and Jimin outside the building. At the same time, firefighters had arrived and were slowly putting out the fire which was already subsiding by itself.

Minutes later, we saw two figures making their way to the exit. We were relieved to see Taehyung when the automated doors opened. Beside him however, was Somi––not Jimin.

"Tae, where's Jimin?" I asked him anxiously.

"Uh––"

Taehyung was interrupted by someone calling out for us in the lobby. We all looked to the direction of the voice and saw a figure running to us.

"Guys! Guys! I'm here! I'm still alive!" He shouted across as he made his way to us.

It was J-Hope.

He stood in front of us before panting heavily as he placed his palms on his knees.

"Hobi- where have you been!" Rapmon exclaimed before embracing him into a warm hug.

Even though J-Hope's sudden appearance surprised me, I was a little worried because there was still no news on Jimin.

Currently, my hyungs were all embracing J-Hope as they were just too joyous to see him again. After they pulled away from the hug, I immediately went up to J-Hope.

"Hobi hyung, where's Jimin...?" I asked.

His smile instantly faded away while his eyes suddenly turned teary. Seeing his expression, My heart started racing fast.

"Yeah, where is he?" Jin added.

"He uh..." J-Hope trailed off.

"He what?" I asked, close to tears.

"He uh uh- is dead. I-I'm sorry but I wasn't even there when it happened––"

"What...?"

I could not believe my ears.

"You're lying..." I muttered, tears were already streaming down my cheeks.

"No, I'm not... He's really dead," J-Hope responded in despair.

Somi came in between the both of us before taking out a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"It's from Jimin. He told me to pass it to you guys," she said before taking a step back.

The paper was folded into two so I opened it up. My hyungs surrounded me and peeped from behind to see what was written in the letter. It wrote:

Dear friends,

  I thank all of you for being such great companions to me for the past few years. I will cherish every moment I have with all of you.

  Just yesterday, I died a painful death so now, I'm dead. I would suggest you guys stay away from nails––they hurt like hell.

  It'll be nice if you guys find my body and bury it. It seemed like I would be stuck in this building forever.

  I can't believe I'm saying this but it's sincere––I really love all of you.

– Jimin

I sobbed uncontrollably.

"This can't be true!" Jin exclaimed as he took the letter from me.

Tears started forming in his eyes. He kept reading the letter over and over again, unable to accept the reality. I cried even more seeing Jin like that.

"This is all crap! I'm so done here!" Suga exclaimed out of a sudden before storming off on his own.

"Hyung! Where are you going?!" Rapmon called out for Suga.

Suga ignored Rapmon's callings and just continued his way down the street.

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have bought this building..." Jin muttered in between his sobs.

J-Hope gave Jin a hug and patted his back, unable to reply to him.

How did things turn out this way...?

16 March 2015
9:40am

TAEHYUNG

That morning a funeral service was done for Jimin, Rin and Boram. A photograph of each of them were placed into photo frames at the front of the wake. Everyone who attended the service came in black and wore solemn faces. The five of us, BTS, and Somi were sitting on the seats at the back row with our heads down. Many people attended the wake including––Jimin's parents.

They cried a river, unable to accept the fact that their son was no longer around. His mother even went up to us, cursing and swearing at us like never before. She blamed all of us for the Jimin's death. We could not do much and just nodded nonchalantly with every hurtful comment she had for us. She left with her husband immediately after the scolding.

Suga arrived later than us but I was surprised that he still wanted to come. I thought that he was already done with all that had happened. Before we came over for the wake, I told my friends about what had happened in the building and why it had happened at the first place. J-Hope and Jungkook helped me out with some of the explaining and soon, Jin and Rapmon understood.

However, I realised something though––the two of them became uncomfortable with the topic.

I wonder why though.

I wanted to tell Suga hyung but I guessed he was still mad at me for shouting at him earlier this morning. He just sat at the very end of a bench at the third row, all alone. I took the courage to go up to him. I sat down on a seat just beside him and waited for him to look at me. When he did, he shook his head in disappointment.

"You warned me the other time, didn't you?" Suga spoke in a low voice.

"About what exactly?" I asked him, a little confused.

He looked down to his shoes before turning back at me.

"About the girl named Boram," Suga responded, sighing.

That made me recall back about the other time we had a chat on Facebook. When he said about a girl named Boram, I immediately told him to unfriend her. However, he did not manage to see my messages.

"Oh, yes, I tried warning you..." I uttered.

Suga nodded nonchalantly.

"I didn't log out though... I didn't know Jimin would use the computer," he said, feeling guilty.

I cocked an eyebrow in confusion.

"Boram had a chat with Jimin while he was on my account. That is why Jimin is dead now," Suga continued, seeing my expression.

"How did you know?" I asked him.

"I used the Facebook app in my phone the other time so I saw the messages Boram had sent to Jimin..."

"So it's kinda my fault he's dead..." Suga uttered before standing up from his seat.

He walked off, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Hyung..." I called out for Suga but he hurriedly left the funeral room.