Nine

ELAINE
"I'll start I guess," I mutter.

"I was in a car accident. About a month and a half ago. When I got to the hospital they found out I had breast cancer. Charlotte was my best friend and I just tried to push her and others away. But Charlotte didn't go. She stayed. Nobody wanted anyone to be friends with the girl who had three months to live and now I have like a month and I try not to think about it. You know? I try to block away the pain that I get, not just emotionally but physically from the cancer," I explain. Tears also rolling down my face.

Andrew gets up and wraps me in a bug hug. "I will be your friend," he whispers into my ears.

We both wipe our eyes with the sleeve of our sweaters.

"Let's get to know other stuff. Like favourite whatever", Andrew says.

"I'll start. My favorite food is pasta. Favouite colour is lime green. Favourite chocolate bar is mars bar. Favourite flower is the sun flower. Favourite ice cream is vanilla. My favourite band is Twenty One Pilots. But my favourite song is either The Run And Go, which is by them, but I also like Champion by Fall Out Boy," I explain.

"Awesome." Andrew responds.

"My favourite food is ribs. Favourite colour is teal. Favourite chocolate bar is coffee crisp. Favourite flower is also the sun flower. Favourite ice cream is chocolate chip. Uh, my favourite band is  Fall Out Boy and my favourite song is Novocaine," Andrew explains.

"You're really nice you know that," I ask, giving him a compliment.

"How so," He questions, confusedly.

"You're not running away after I said I had cancer and not long to live," I respond.

"As long as you don't push me away. I'll be here," He says.

We both then start to cry and laugh.