Chapter 28

"This will help us greatly," Officer Smith said standing from his desk, " I'll contact you as soon as we have a lead, " Zach stood and nodded," I'll be awaiting your call,"

Zach got into his car and started the ignition. He looked around and saw gray clouds looming overhead. He turned the heat on full blast and backed out of the parking spot. Snowflakes began to fall causing Zach and the drivers around him to slow down. Drivers all around him had come to a complete standstill as the snow became falling more steadlily. Zach gripped the steering wheel and slowly drove on, hoping to make it home before the roads were closed. He turned the radio on hoping to find some music to listen to.

"Be prepared for 10 to 12 inches of snow,"

He switched the station.

"Stay in your homes folks, it's getting pretty nasty outside,"

He switched the station becoming frustrated.

"The roads are now closed, whatever you do do not go anywhere,"

Zach turned the radio off and pulled over to the side of the road. He turned his hazzard lights and leaned back in his seat. There was no way he was going to make it home now, he could hardly see out of the window. Zach heard his phone ringing in his pocket. He got it and saw it was his mother.

Zach: Hello

Nina: Where are you at? Are you alright?

Zach: Mom I'm fine, I pulled over to the side of the road.

Nina: Where? Your father and I will come get you

Zach: No, the roads are closed. I'll be home once they open the roads.

Nina: Do you at least have food and water in your car?

Zach: Yes. I promise I'm safe.

Nina: Well, if you say so. I'll talk to you later then.

Zach: By mom, I love you.

Nina: I love you too.

Zach hung up the phone and placed it in the cupholder. He turned the heat up and shivered. His mind immediately drifted over to Alexia, who might not have heat. His thoughts were interrupted by the forward jolting motion of his car. And the sounds of car alarms behind him. Zach groaned, to scared to look behind him.

*So it's been a while since I've written anything for this book. I've been super busy with my other book, A Day at Grandmas. I am sad to say that this book is almost over :( There are only 2 to 3 chapters left. Hopefully you will like the ending! But what did you think of this chapter? Let me know in the comments and please remember to vote!
Until the next chapter,
Emily