Unchained

This was a total nightmare. My whole body ached from laying on the hard ground. I'd probably inhaled so much dirt it wasn't even funny. How was I supposed to sleep not knowing where I was and not even having a crappy mattress to sleep on. Anything would be better than this. Why did this have to happen to me again? It was probably worse the second time because I've already been through so much and now look what happened to me. I thought of myself as a good person so why did this have to happen to me?

            I started to miss my parents now more than ever. It wouldn't be as bad if I knew they were waiting for me to come back. Sure I had my aunt and uncle but that wasn't the same. They weren't my parents. All I wanted at the moment was Ethan's warm hugs to comfort me and Maddie's laugh to cheer me up. I remembered the last conversation Ethan and I had which brought tears to my eyes. He had told me he loved me but I refused to say it back since I was angry with him. He knew I loved him more than anyone in the world but I should have said it again. What if I never saw him again?

             I was on the edge of consciousness when my cell door was unlocked. This woke me up for sure. I wasn't sure how long I'd been down here but it seemed like forever since I'd seen my kidnapper. I tried to make myself seem like I wasn't as tired as I was feeling. I couldn't let this man see my weakness. The door swung open and the man walked in. He had a smile on his face but what caught my eye was that he was shirtless. This was extremely uncomfortable. I tried not to look at his muscular, tanned body because it would just make me even more nervous. As he got closer to me, I diverted my eyes to the ground. Wow, this dirt was very interesting.

             "Hello again, Kelly. How are you doing?" He asked, causing me to look up at him.

             "I've had better days." I said sarcastically.

               This made him laugh. Maybe I could get on his good side and he would take these stupid cuffs off of me. My wrists and ankles were burning as the metal cuffs weighted down my limbs. Kyle had never chained me up so this was a new experience for me. Was this his plan, to make me suffer more than Kyle did? I hated being chained to the wall, if I was going to be held captive, just lock me in a room, there is no reason to be chained to a freaking wall. There was no way to escape through a locked, metal door. Even I wasn't that good.

              "Can you please take these off. I promise I'll be good." I begged.

              He hesitated for a moment, thinking about if he should trust me. If he was smart he wouldn't trust me but who knows maybe he will take a chance with me. He knew what I was capable of and that I was trained to fight. Over the past year, I still went to self-defense classes and improved on my skills. They say if you don't use it, you lose it and I didn't want to lose that knowledge, especially right now. I planned on being good though until I could find a good escape route. So at the moment, he had nothing to worry about.

             "Fine, but I swear if you try anything, I will hurt you in the most harmful ways possible until you wished you were dead. Understood?" He threatened, his intense green eyes staring into mine.

             I nodded. He continued to stare at me, probably wondering what I was thinking. If only he knew that his threats meant nothing to me. I was just going to be good until I could escape. He walked over to me, making my body tense up as he got closer to me. He pulled a key out of his pocket and unlocked the chains on my wrists and ankles. Once I was free, the man was still inches away from me, being a little too close for my liking. Slowly, I tried to stand up. I leaned against the wall but as stood as I tried to balance without the wall, my knees buckled from underneath me. When I feel, the man caught me in his arms, holding me tightly against his exposed body.