Chapter 8

Katie's POV

I wake up again, now used to being on the cold, hard floor. It's a good thing that it is summer, or I would probably freeze.

"Get up!" my captor orders. The command isn't needed as they push me up anyways.

"My mother wants to see you." they say. My captor's mask slips for a second, and I see she is a young girl, probably younger than me. She put her mask back on before I could see who she was, though.

I followed behind my masked captor and bashing me was a cloaked figure holding a celestial bronze sword. The cloaked figure made sure I kept walking. It got annoying. We reached a giant cave that had a wooden door with a giant key hole in the middle of it. (A/n kinda like the Hobbit's door ;D)

She opened the door, and we went in.

Travis's POV

So far, the only thing Rose and I really did was to wander around in circles aimlessly, looking for a pearl. Or any sign of one.

"We should split up." Rose said.

"Agreed."

So we did, and promised to meet twenty minutes later.

When I came back, Rose was standing next to a little girl around the age of six. Within closer inspection, I realized it was my sister.

"Lulu!" I cried. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be at camp!"

"Connor said he wanted to go on the quest with you, so I followed him." Lulu replied, looking down at her sneakers.

"Where is he now?" I questioned.

"Someone kidnapped him, and then I got lost."

"Where did they take him? Is he okay?"

"I think so."

Rose smiled sadly at the little girl next to her.

"We need to get her back to camp, Travis."

"But- the quest!" I cried.

Rose sighed. "We can't take her."

"I can try my dad." I suggested.

"No!" said Lulu. "He'll get mad at me because I'm not supposed to leave camp without a quest."

Now I sighed. "Lulu, its the only way. He won't be mad because you were just following Connor."I sent a prayer to Hermes and we waited. A few minutes later a man came walking towards us. The man looked about middle aged, he had an athletic figure -slim and fit- with salt and pepper hair and blue eyes. He had a mischievous look on his face, like what we Hermes's kids get when we pull a prank. He stopped in front of us. Lulu ran up to him and hugged his legs. Lulu was tiny and this man was very tall. The man picked Lulu up and spun her around in his arms till they were both laughing and Rose was giggling.

The man shouted excitingly," Lulu-bean! How's my favorite daughter?! What pranks have you pulled? Come on, tell me, my Lulu-bean."

After talking to Lulu for about five minutes, my father turned to us, frowning. "The pearl." he said. "I almost forgot." Upon saying that, he took a box out of his pocket, and pulled out a large white pearl, which he handed to us.

Rose took the pearl and stuck it in her pocket. "Thank you!" she called. And then my father and sister were off.

We walked east for a while (thank you, Rose's compass), until we stumbled upon a little white cottage in the middle of the woods that I thought was practically screaming "suspicious." It looked exactly like a nice old Granny's house should. Personally, I didn't trust grandmothers. They fed you poisonous cookies and beat you with their cane. At least that was what Connor said when he visited our grandmother 10 or so years stood there inspecting the cottage for a little when an old, ugly lady came waddling out of the cottage. She stopped when she saw us.

"Are you two lost? Or are you demigods?" The old lady asked.

"We are demigods, ma'am. We are on a quest. And you?" Rose replied.

"I am a demigod as well. Daughter of Ares. I was given this cottage by my father. It has a protective barrier around it to keep monsters out. Come in, young demigods. Tell me your story and I shall tell you mine. Oh and my name is Emma. Emma Charm," the old lady- Emma stated.

She ushered us inside the cottage and we all sat at a circular table that had cookies and milk sitting on it. Like she was expecting someone.

"Were you expecting anyone, um Emma?"

"No, I just like to keep things ready in case I do have a visitor." said Emma.

"Don't eat the cookies!" I mouthed to Rose. "They're probably poisonous!"

I guess Rose isn't too skilled in lip reading, because she stared at me oddly.

"Cookies are a path to the dark side? What?"

Or it could have been the fact that I had stuffed about 10 cookies in my mouth. Just to check if they were safe, of course. I didn't want Rose to be poisoned.

I finish chewing the cookies and drink some milk. I give a content sigh and lean back in my chair. The cookies aren't poisoned, I am still living.

"So. What are your names, young ones?" Emma asked.

"I am Rose and this is Travis. We are on a quest to find my half sister and his brother," Rose explained.

"Who is your godly parent?"

"Demeter for me and Hermes for Travis," Rose answered immediately.

It was kinda weird. She acted so robotic and stiff. Nothing like her usual self. Hmm...I wonder...

"Rose, we should go." I whispered in Ancient Greek. Emma smiled creepily.

"Young demigods, you should know that I also speak Greek." she said.

"Um...Oh yeah. That's right. Um...we need to go. We have a quest to finish," I replied.

"No. Travis we must stay and talk with Emma. She seems all alone and we must be nice," Rose said robotically.

Emma Charm...that name is starting to sound familiar...hmm...

"No, Rose. We have to go." I say, starting to wonder why I'm not a robot.

"Oh, but you have to stay." Emma says. "We have so much more to do. Cookies to eat, milk to drink, people to capture."

"Nah, I'm good." I say, grabbing Rose who glares at me.

"No!" she screams.

"Wait a minute," I say. "You aren't a demigod. I know! You're the chimera!"

"That'ssssss right, young demigod," Emma transformed into a hideous beast. Emma was now the Chimera, part lion, goat, and snake. This was going to be a fun.

"Now, it'ssssss feeding time. Come here girl. Ssssso I may eat you."

Rose stood up and started walking towards the Chimera.

I tried to yell at Rose, to tell her to run away as fast as she could, but my mouth wouldn't move. I suddenly found myself walking towards the Chimera. I knew this was my last moment, and I tried to think of Katie, anything that would help me escape, but I couldn't. I was about to die.

Until, suddenly, the Hunters of Artemis came bursting through the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HERMES AND LULU ARE ADORABLE. OHMYGODS I CAN'T EVEN. ASDFGHJKL <3

Anyway, update coming soon. Be prepared. *cackles*
Until next time!!