Chapter Four: The Hospital Wing

The picture is a drawing of Madam Pomfrey made by Lumosita

        While everyone was being led into the Great Hall, Scorpius sneaked into the Hospital Wing. Luckily, Madam Pomfrey was out. Scorpius made his way to Gloria. She was asleep. He didn't want to wake her, so he just stood by her bed. After a few seconds he realized she wasn't going to wake up anytime soon and that it would be really creepy if he just watched her sleep, so he started to leave. Until her eyes opened. Scorpius slowly walked back. He noticed she had cut her light blonde hair a little shorter, but not that short. They were silent for a moment. Scorpius pulled out some Chocolate Frogs. Gloria's eyes widened and her lips curved into a weak smile. She took a Chocolate Frog and so did Scorpius. Gloria nodded, which Scorpius took as a thank you. He realized her throat might hurt, so she would have to stay quiet. 

        "How long will you be here?" Asked Scorpius without thinking. Gloria shrugged and wrote something in the air with her wand. It read, Maybe a Month.

        "Oh wow." Said Scorpius. He heard the click of Madam Pomfrey's heels coming closer and closer.

        "Bye. I'll come back later." Scorpius said quickly and left. He caught up with his friends who were leaving the Great Hall just as he got back.

        "How was Gloria?" Xavier asked.

        "She's sort of okay. Her hands are very cold." Replied Scorpius.

        "You held her hand?" Xavier snickered.

        "Oh shut up, Xavier." Said Zac.

       "Ooh, is someone jealous?" Laughed Xavier.

        "Shut up!" Yelled Zac, pushing Xavier. 

        "Guys, stop it! Everyone's looking at us!" Exclaimed Elise, in a quiet but firm tone. They made their way around the dorms. Everything looked the same as the previous year, but that wasn't a bad thing. Scorpius settled at his old bed and looked out of his same, small window. After a while he sat in the common room on the couch. It felt weird with Gloria being in the Hospital Wing and not making some snide remark about a filthy mudblood every two seconds. Scorpius drew in his sketchbook. He was drawing a garden. It was the first of many picture Scorpius would draw for Gloria.