February 3: Garfy Won't Give Me Back My Diary!

February 3 : (Wednesday)

"Good morning, Emma!" Maggie greeted me as she spotted me stepping out of my car.

Finally, I got the chance to drive my cooper to school after finding out yesterday that it was out of gas. Actually, it was Andrew who helped me with the gas problem before he really went home last night, though I didn't tell my mom.

"Morning, Mags!" I greeted back with a smile. I added, "Looking good today."

She giggled. "You too! Mind if I ask who you plan to impress for dressing up?" She raised her eyebrows suggestively.

Me? Dressing up? To impress someone? No way. I don't care what people think of me.

Well, that isn't completely true though. I do want to impress someone, namely Mr. Jake Mason. Since he was absent yesterday, I originally plan to talk to him about it and add in a little small flirting here and there. But then again, I don't roll that way so I just decided on dressing up and hoping that I'd get at least some of his attention. I only chose to wear a round-neck, black fitted shirt and pastel blue skater skirt plus light blue ballet flats.

Maggie and I are now walking together in the school's hallway, heading towards our lockers.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her with raised eyebrows. "Who would I want to impress?"

She stopped walking immediately and said with a smirk, "Perhaps the guy that's waiting for you by your locker."

I followed her gaze and much to my surprise, my eyes landed on Andrew, standing a few feet from us.

No, wait. Scratch that. He's actually waiting by my locker.

I walked up to him. "Morning, Garfy!" I greeted him.

"'Sup? Morning Em," He greeted back with a sloppy grin. Then, behind me, Maggie cleared her throat, silently asking Andrew to recognize her presence. "Good morning to you too Maggie."

"Good morning," Maggie replied.

I cleared my throat. "What are you doing here by my locker, Andrew?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm waiting for you." He shrugged.

Maggie gave me a secret look that screams, "I told you so!"

I looked away from Maggie and turned to Andrew. I asked, "Why?"

"Why not?" Another shrug.

"Yeah, Em." Maggie chided. "Why not? What's the harm? It's not like you guys are together now and are planning to introduce each other to your parents or something."

Both mine and Andrew's eyes widened. We're positively sure no one knows about last night.

"Ohmygosh!" She shrieked after seeing our surprised expressions. "You've met each other's parents, haven't you?"

I was about to deny but Andrew answered for me. "Not really. I just met her mom last night. Then on Saturday, I'll take Em home to meet my family."

This time, Maggie seemed like she's close to hyperventilating. "Are you two going out already?"

"No! It's not like that." I countered immediately. "It just turns out that my mom and Andrew's--Lynn Garfield--are best friends and have known each other for a very long time."

"Yeah, back when both of us aren't born yet." Andrew added.

"See?! You're both destined to meet each other!" Maggie cheered, grinning like there's no tomorrow. Man, why is she so set on making Andrew and I together?