too lit to politic

Lucien was utterly opposed to the idea of visiting Jack and Edie for a dinner party, despite talking to Edie on the phone and thinking highly of her, once labeling her as a nice woman, though that may have been sarcastic, but even then, they experienced a few seconds of interaction before he hung up to avoid speaking longer, so he doesn't know the slightest detail about her, yet he's still whining like a child to remain at home, but I forced him to prepare himself for amending all that is amiss among the residents of this relationship cesspool, and he's still as frustrated as that aforementioned whining child, though I'm not backing down. I baked cookies for the first time since I was fourteen years old, and they were somewhat fruitful, so I'm here to present my rewards to a woman who deserves all of the rewards in the world.

I don't presume all has gone awry for this Lucien Carr character, as there's no doubt in saying that Lucien looks fucking amazing in the only suit he owns and barely ever wears, but there's also no doubt in saying that by seven o'clock he will have taken off his tie and his jacket and unbuttoned at least two of his buttons to flaunt a small part of his chest like a distraught artist sickened by the fading world as they lie on their velvet sofa being fed grapes by servants, and there's yet again no doubt that he'll never apologize for his intrusive actions to instead whine about how the suit is bothering him when I order him to clothe himself again, and from the doorstep to Jack Kerouac and Edie Parker's house, he's already adjusting his tie to loosen it slightly in the faith that I won't notice the genesis of his ordeal to strip off the thin garment completely. I'm not going to argue with him, however, because we've already argued enough over pointless things like a expanding my audience on my blog, and I'm not about to argue over a fucking necktie, in addition to the fact that this is right before a dinner party where arguing isn't so courteous to the fellow guests and especially the hosts, though this time we only have the hosts, and they'd probably ban us from ever conversing with them again, so I just ignore the fool of a man.

Ringing the doorbell and therefore neglecting Edie's hatred of it, I pray that she won't be upset with us for both bringing Lucien in his perpetually haggard state and for disobeying her only nitpicky rule of conduct, but when she swings the door open and halts the echoes of the shrillness from the bell, her face is anything but demeaning, rather kissed by a smile and bright red lipstick typical of a model, and she's equally as gorgeous, which I share with her so that I will no longer be on her bad side and in danger of being kicked out of the house before dinner has even begun, though that wouldn't disrupt anything, as Edie has most likely gushed about how much of an insolent child I am to Jack at her dinner that hasn't been so mandatory now that I've moved out of her house and landed myself in a position of ill repute, and my plan has succeeded, for Edie is now ushering us into her brightly decorated living room without besmirching us with her classic expressions bathing in silence to uphold her politeness in one terrain.

Jack is reading the daily newspaper to pass the time while he waits for us to enter the house, and now that we have, Edie clears her throat to signal our arrival, and he glances from the article on politics in the Middle East, surprised that we're here so soon, though we arrived a bit later than Edie would have liked us to arrive with her methodical planning skills, but I can attribute this surprise to his inability to know what the hell is going on at any point of his dreary banking career, so now that I've mentioned that, Jack wasn't the one who was astonished at my departure to live with Lucien, just Edie, because even though I wallow in my basement every day of the week, she somehow notices everything and keeps thorough tabs on the nonexistent.

"Jack, honey, are you ready for dinner?" Edie asks in the sweetest voice she can muster, but after living with her for almost a year, both Jack and I can detect that she's a bit annoyed by her husband's disorganized state, but Lucien is completely unaware of that; it just shows how familiarity can warp someone's perception, a neat little trick.