Almost. Better Than Me.

It was the day of the race.

Luke gave an excuse to his aunt and uncle, and headed to Clara's home. He waited patiently until she finally walked out.

She smirked,"Hiya Luke, ready for your first race?"

"Hey Clara, I guess, but it isn't for at least an hour."

Clara nodded,"I know, so you wanna practice? Or hit the cantina first?"

Luke crossed his arms.

"Hey, I have my ID,"Clara suggested.

Luke sighed.

Clara really likes going there a lot. Sometimes, I wonder what she would do with her own ship.

She just wanted to look for trouble, he knew. Which was why he didn't really like it. At least she never finished her drinks. She always got one, that would usually go unfinished. Luke never got any though.

Lucky she had the credits from her races.

Clara gave him her hopeful innocent look.

Luke sighed,"Fine, only for a while."

Clara smirked and sauntered over to the Speeder. She sat in the passenger seat, happily.

Luke rolled his eyes and began to drive. His mind wandered to her credits.

Her earned credits. She always wore a small bag full of credits on her belt, along with other things, besides her blaster, that came very handy. She seemed ready for anything.

A while later, Luke stopped the speeder and both him and Clara jumped off. Clara sauntered in the Cantina, confidently.

Beings have her dirty looks, which she ultimately returned. While Luke nervously followed her to a left corner booth, and sat down.

Clara got up,"I'll be right back, I'm gonna get something to drink. Want anything?"

Luke shook his head. Clara shrugged and walked off.

I hope this is over soon. Though I guess this is good, taking a break from practicing, I'm getting splinters.

He sighed and waited for his best friend. Who still hadn't come back. He looked around.

The Cantina was filled with different species. Luke barely saw other humans though.

While he looked around, he didn't see Clara getting a drink, instead he saw her seated at a different table. Holding some playing cards for Sabacc.

Luke sighed.

It was almost impossible for Clara to avoid a gamble.

Instead of walking over to her and interrupting the game, Luke stayed put. He watched instead. He saw Clara get a small smirk on her face, then she grabbed another card. Almost immediately, Luke saw Clara's smirk grow wider.

She put down her cards and muttered something.

Despite Clara, the other players had sour expressions. She had won, Luke realized.

Clara got her won credits, muttered something, and walked back to Luke. He turned away, pretending he didn't see anything.

Clara sat down, put her booted feet on the table, and asked,"Wanna know how to play Sabacc?"
~~~~~
After practicing a small game of Sabacc, Luke was back to practicing his racing. Clara was watching as always, making sure he was doing it perfectly.

Luke had already raced four laps, one more and they would head out to the arena.

He's as good as I was my first time.