[Ben Tennyson] A childhood friend

For vect456
[Edited]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Ben have been best friends your whole life. Your parents weren't around much, so you basically lived with him. His parents gladly let you stay, and you've even picked the habit of occasionally calling them mom and dad. Grandpa Max thought of you as a grandson, which made you more than happy. The result of this bond was that you and Ben are practically inseparable; you did every school project together, went to every fair, and built tones of forts together. You were also friends with his cousin, Gwen, but you two weren't as close. Obviously, you knew about their secrets. It's kind of hard to keep something that big hidden from someone who knows everything about you.

In fact, you were invited to go along on their family trip with Grandpa Max over the summer 5 years ago, when it all began. Indeed it was a 'Family Trip', but you know... Circumstances.

Anyway, people would often tease you and Ben about being a couple, but you just shrugged them off.

Though the though of dating Ben made your heart flutter. You have had a not-so small crush on the brown haired boy for some time now, and your affection only continued to grow. He was kind, handsome, funny...

"(Y/n) Pay attention in class! This is the third time today, so I'm going to have to send you to detention after school," Your teacher told you sternly. A few laughs could be heard ringing through the small classroom. "Aww shit". You sighed.

"I'll be more focused," you promised.

"Okay class, turn to page 346 in your textbook, we are goin-" "sweet, sweet bell... Thank you" you thought  as the (quite dramatic) bell rings through the school. A sigh escaped your lips as you thought about not being able to walk home with Ben. You packed up your stuff and exited the classroom, heading for detention.

You sat down at an empty desk in the back of the room and sent a quick text to Ben telling him you got detention and that he should go on without you. After a few minutes he replied.

- Don't forget about our plans!

You smiled. Every Friday night you guys built a fort-like den with tons of pillows and blankets and watched movies all night. You often order pizza, but sometimes it's (f/f).

You sent a quick text back and ran your hand through your (h/l) (h/c) hair. "If only we really were a couple..." You muttered.

~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~

You kicked at Ben's door, your hands full of snacks and your sleepover bag was slung over your shoulder. The brown haired boy opened the door with a big grin on his face.

"Took you long enough," he laughed.

"At least I'm not the one who nearly stabbed his cat with a fork in the middle of a 'horror movie'!"

"That was 2 years ago!" He protested, still standing in the doorway. You smile and shook your head.

"Just let me in, you dork."

"Right!" He stumbled out of the way, his cheeks tinted pink. Stop imagining things, (Y/n)! You blushed and rushed inside.

You put the snacks on the kitchen counter and made your way to the living room. Ben had already gotten out the pillows, so you went to the closet to get the blankets. Your favourite was the big, soft (f/c) one, with (f/b)'s logo on it. You smiled and ran back to the living room, where Ben had begun making the set up. He smirked and grabbed your hand, causing you to drop the blankets. He pulled you on the pillows and started tickling you.

"Oh my- Ben! Stop!!" You gasped and started laughing. You tried wiggling away, but it was no use.

"What was that, (Y/n)? Keep going? Alright!" He tickled you even more, until you could hardly breath you were laughing so hard. He started laughing too, and stopped tickling you. You jumped up and ran to the pile of blankets, grabbed one and wrapped it around yourself defensively. Ben looked up at you.

"Aww, come on, I won't do it again, I promise," he chuckled. You pouted and playfully smacked his arm. "Man, this is why I love you..." He muttered. Your eyes widened. You face turned bright red, as did his.

"N-no, that wasn't-"

"You l-love me?" You stuttered, staring Ben in the eyes. Your face went a deeper red.

"I-I..." He looked away. He didn't want to damage his friendship with the (h/c) haired boy. When they were little, the had talked about which girls they liked together! He had only recently realized he was gay, and he thought (Y/n) was straight.

"Ben?" You asked. Your eyes were pleading for an answer. He sighed.

"I love you, (Y/n). I'm sorry, I know this is kind of weird and you're straight an-" he was caught off by the other male laughing.

"M-me?! Straight?! Hahaha!!" You slapped your knee. "That's a good one..."

"Wha-" Ben was getting even more flustered, as you were getting closer to him.

"I love you too." Warm lips pressed against his. His heart exploded, as did yours. You could hardly comprehend that you were kissing your long time best friend and crush. Ben hesitated, but kissed back.

After awhile, you both pulled back, gasping a little bit. You rested your forehead against each other, smiling.

"I love you, dork."
"I love you, nerd."

You both laughed.

It was fun, loving your best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry if he's really ooc... I haven't seen the show since I was around 7 (almost half my life ago). My first oneshot as well! 😄
Don't forget to vote, comment, and request!