New

My arms push myself, swimming farther in the ocean before I have to turn around. I keep swimming laps and wait for the rain to light up before I get out. Training in the storm is easier in my opinion, the hard rain giving me better endurance. When I hear thunder I start to make my way back to the shore, panting from exhaustion as I walk up to my house.

But I glance up at the Reynolds', wishing I would see Claire again. She's decided to lock herself in her room, refusing to come out because of something her father did. I've talked to him since, his insistence to make her like him again clear but she won't have it. I've tried, and it won't work.

It makes me worried she's overthinking our situation. I'm crazy for her; it's obvious to everyone. There is nothing I'd change about her except the smoking. I saw her smoking last night but as soon as I was about to talk to her, she closed the window and shut the light off.

Claire grew up amazingly. I still remember her long blonde hair and her blue eyes when we were ten. She was the first girl I ever had a crush on and I gave her shit because of it. I was the boy that was mean to his crush.

I start making myself dinner but go and change while noodles are boiling. I push my hair up into a bun, still in a debate on whether or not I should cut it. It's getting too long.

As I eat my dinner, I hear the rain against the house and watch the water. But I glance over and see Claire outside, letting the rain fall on her. I nearly bolt out the door, walking carefully over to her in case she doesn't want to talk. She's not one for much comfort, not like the touchy girls I've been with before. But I don't mind. She's got a huge personality and I find her fascinating.

I don't say anything as I walk toward her, her head tilted down. But it snaps up when she looks at me, the pain clear in her face. The rain distracts me momentarily, but I watch her walk towards me. Then, she takes me by surprise as she breaks into a run, my arms opening for her. She jumps and I catch her, her body clinging onto me tightly. If I were to let her go, she'd most likely still cling to me with her force. But I wrap my arms around her and hug her close, her shaking body making me worried.

Claire is a time bomb. It's only a matter of time before her walls come down; those high, and thick walls that don't allow anything to pass. But I'd happily help her pick up the pieces to that wall and rebuild it.

My lips press against her cheek and I take in her puffy eyes, the crying evident. I walk her up to my house and set her on the porch step, my body rushing in and grabbing a towel. I walk out and wrap it around her, her hand grabbing mine and pulling me down. My arms wrap back around her and she leans into me, my lips kissing her hair.

"I hate him. I hate him so much," she cries, my lips pressing against her cheek.

"What happened? What do you need me to do?" I ask, her eyes so red and her cheeks stained with tears.

"H-He threw me against the wall when he caught me smoking the other night. Claimed only worthless people smoke. I-It hurt so bad and I didn't know what to do. T-Then h-he did this," she whispers, opening the towel to show me her arm. It's a perfect circular burn, my lips pressing together.

"H-He took my cigarette and burned me," she cries, my arms pulling her into my lap. I let her cry in my arms, distracting myself from tearing John Reynolds into shreds.

"We should call your mom," I suggest, but she shakes her head. I frown but she curls closer to me and I find my irritation fading.

"Just let me stay with you," she whispers, my hand cupping her cheek and hers covering mine. I kiss the top of her head and hold her close, not wanting to let her go in her fragile state.

"Do you want to eat something or go to bed?" I ask, wanting to know what she wants.

"Sleep," she whispers, my head nodding. I lift her and I walk into the kitchen, setting her on a chair first. I walk into my room and gather my shirt and a pair of panties she's left here, since she spends so many nights here.

But I grab a first aid kit and walk to her, my eyes taking her in. I kneel in front of her and wipe her face of her tears, a small smile covering her face.

I unwrap the towel from her body and I wipe the burn lightly, her face wincing. I apologize and she only shakes her head, my hands grabbing antibiotic and wiping it on her burn. I then place a piece of gauze on her arm, considering the bandage is too small. I then wrap medical tape around and stick it to her arm, her burn covered and hopefully able to heal.

She leans down and kisses my cheek, thanking me. I smile and grab her waist, her arms wrapping around my neck.

"Here is a change of clothes. I'm going to go change in my room so you can use the bathroom," I tell her, her head nodding. I walk with her down the hall and she enters the bathroom, closing the door behind her. I go to my room and change my clothes again, putting on dry athletic shorts and boxers.

When Claire walks in, her arms wrap around my waist and I huge her close, encasing her slim body in my arms.

"I don't want you going back there," I tell her, her head looking up at me. I set my forehead on hers and she closes her eyes, my eyes admiring the beauty she has. She's not all that short and I like that about her. She's very strong and I love how comfortable she is around me now.

"I know you don't."

||||||||||||

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo