Hinata Shōyō x Reader |Haikyuu!!|

Hey guys, this is pretty short and it is not a request, but I had it in my head and felt the need to write it, so there it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hinata Shōyō, that was his name. Volleyball, that was his life. 162.8 cm, that was his height. To play what he loved he needed strength, speed and accuracy. Those were things Shōyō possessed, yet they were not his greatest assets. His greatest possession were his hands. Without them, he could not spike, without them, he could not block. Without them, he could not hold her, embrace her and tell everything was going to be alright. Without them, he would not be able to live his passion, nor show her hos he felt. He needed those hands to accomplish his goal. He could never get enough of the sensation of a perfect spike, nor the one of accomplishing a perfect block. But the one craved for the most was her touch. Her touch was soft and gentle, always making him lose concentration. Each time he came back with bruises and scratches from the rough practice he had endured; she was there, helping him, carefully cleaning the wounds. She always was there; when they lost matches, when he fought with his teammates, when he was down, when they had accomplished a victory, when he learned a new quick, when he was genuinely content, she always was present; in the worst moments but also the best. 

He knew she cared, and she knew he did. They did not need to say it out loud to remind each other how they felt, because actions speak louder than words. A simple hold of the hand could demonstrate their feelings better then the 'love' sentences people of their age used. Of course, it didn't mean that they never shared some 'I love you's  with each other. 

Hinata loved her, and she loved him back. Sure, saying and using the word 'love' at such a young age could be considered foolish and even 'fake' by some individuals. They knew what people thought but they didn't care; after all, why should they? They knew they wanted to be with each other for as long as possible, and they understood that even if they went through tough moments, they would not separate easily and would end up closer then before. She understood his love for volleyball, and never cared if he came home late, the cause being practice. She was fine with it, as long as he was doing something he was passionate about. They both trusted each other and gave the other as much freedom as wanted. And after all of that, they would hold hands, no letting go; showing the world and themselves that their love was not bound to be brake and fall apart.

 Hinata Shōyō, that was his name. Volleyball, that was his life. 162.8 cm, that was his height. Her, she was his lover.