Chapter 2 - Chicken Wire

An hour after she had arrived there, Amy walked out of the tall glass building that was the counselor's office. She hailed a cab, and climbed in.

"Oh, shut up, John!"

"Seriously, you can function without her for one day! She had a mental breakdown!"

"I know I can function, I'm fine!"

"You love her. You know it."

"I don't love her! I can't love! You know that!"

"You're human!"

"FINE! I LOVE HER! I LOVE AMELIA POND! I LOVE HER LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER LOVED ANYONR BEFORE! I-"

Amy was greeted with the boy's voices carrying throughout the house. She now stood in the doorway, stunned by Sherlock's words. John was indicating that Amy was there with his eyes. Sherlock stopped yelling, closed his eyes, and turned around.

"You...love me?" She stared at him in utter disbelief. She felt like someone was stirring her insides with a fork. Her heart ached for his touch, his lips on hers. A stabbing pain coursed through her. Rory. No. She told herself. He would want you to love.

"Amy......Yes. I love you."

She took a step forward, her body inches from his. He braced himself for a slap, but instead, she grabbed his face and kissed him.

Her fingers traced his cheekbones, and his hands moves down to her hips. The kiss was filled with love, and passion, and gentleness.

She pulled away, and stared into his green eyes.

"Great. Even Sherlock Holmes has a girlfriend, and here I am." John's voice came from behind him and they laughed. "I'm sure Lestrade's got money on this somewhere." He grabbed his coat and walked out of the apartment.

This should be very interesting...

"We need to get some air. We're going out tonight."

Sherlock reached over the back of his chair and pulled his jacket off. He was very careful not to disturb his microscope and specimens.

It had been 3 days since 'the kiss' as John called it, and neither Amelia nor Sherlock acknowledged it, except for the occasional flirtatious comment. Sherlock had spent every waking moment thinking about how to ask Amelia out on a date. He had decided on this way.

"Wh-what, like a date?"

She turned the corner, wearing glasses and holding a book. They were currently working on a case which was extremely taxing for all 3 of them. The media was also starting to get wind of their mild flirting, and it was all over every paper, website, and magazine. They never caught a break.

"That's what I was thinking."

******************************************

"Where the hell have you 2 been?"

John sat in his chair which was turned around to face the doorway. The couple stood staring at the ground in almost shame. It was Sherlock who spoke first.

"It was a date. We're dating. I think. I mean, I don't know. I think we are. We might be. I've never dated anyone. Not really, but there was this-"

Amelia pushed him backwards.

"You're just embarrassing yourself, love. It was a date. We're dating."

John stared at her like she'd just asked what color an orange was. "And he wasn't an arse the whole time?"

She chuckled. "No. He was actually very sweet."

John rolled his eyes. "I need to go withdraw a bet I made with Lestrade. I'll be back in a little while."

Sherlock and Amy stepped aside to let John pass. "We'll never hear the end of this, will we?"

Amy laughed. "No, I suppose we won't."
She looked at him with love in her eyes, and crashed her lips onto his.

Little did she know there was so much she had yet to find out about him...