Prologue [editted]

Prologue

                I was marked.

                It wasn’t a joyous occasion.

                It was a violation.

                I got carried away by the fun life, the easy life. Now it’s my time to pay.

                Isn’t it?

*****

                “You can’t let this happen dad. Please.” I begged. Crying, kneeling, groveling. Never in my life had I had the reason to beg. But I know now. I was sold to a rich Alpha even before I was born. All those luxury, those weren’t my dad’s those were the advance payment and the assurance I’d grow up the way they want me to be.

                “You don’t understand Victoria!” My dad bellowed. “I had to do this. It’s for the good of all. Nothing will change for you darlin’ you’ll still have all the things you want.”

                I stared at his whiskey colored eyes. They we’re the same as mine. Cold.

                He was wrong, He didn’t have to do it, I do. I am part of that all, and this wasn’t for the good of me. I’ll never get what I wanted the most.

*****

                “Finally Tori, finally you’re mine.” He said as he nuzzled my neck, tracing his mark with the tip of his tongue.

                I lay there still.

                “Never…” I whispered as a single tear ran down my face.

*****

                “You do know what this entails, do you not?”

                “I know Akasha.” My voice was a low whisper, laced with a tone of acceptance and despair.

                “He’ll never find you, dear. Without your scent your mate will never know who you are.” Akasha tries once again to change my decision.

                “I know,” Now, tears pooled in my eyes but I held them back. “Neither would he.”

                She continued to stare at me. It was a persuading stare, willing me to change my mind. But my mind is already made so I stared back, unwavering.

                “Wicked thing, taking away what isn’t yours to take.” She muttered, shaking her head in somewhat annoyance and disgust as she continued to prepare the ritual.

                “He is that.” I muttered back.

                “Not talking about Darrell, child. No one has the right to take ones chance to find his mate, this is your decision not his. Always putting yourself first, never changed. Wicked.”

                I pressed my lips tightly together and bit back a reply.

                But truthfully, I didn’t have one.

                None.

                Wicked, it is.

                *****

                I didn’t leave a message, nothing at all.

                I ran, and ran, and ran.

                As far as my wolf could take me.

                I did it with confidence. He wouldn’t find me even if he marked me. My father wouldn’t find me. But what hurt was knowing my mate also wouldn’t.

                I know that me running away could cause a war. I didn’t care.

                I used to do all things wicked because I know I’d get away with it.

                So now, I did what they thought I do best.

                But this’ll be my last.

                Because from now on,

Victoria is dead.

***************************

So, this is editted. I added a small bit at the center. Hope you like it. (It'll make things much more easier to understand and explain XD)

Updating in a while...

Hearts and flowers,

Serenity Wash