rainy ⇓

rain
/rān/
noun
1. moisture condensed from the atmosphere that falls visibly in separate drops.
verb
2. send down in large or overwhelming quantities.

she didn't know how she felt about the rain. 

she wasn't a cliche person at all-- well at least she believed she wasn't. she didn't stare out the window and sigh dramatically like the countless amounts of korean dramas she's watched.

...but maybe the rain made her want to be a little cliche.

the rain made her feel more forlorn than usual, but it also gave her a sense of freedom? she didn't know how to describe it.

she just felt... different.

she sat under the gazebo at the park and just watched the rain fall. if she concentrated hard enough, she could focus on each individual droplet falling and hitting the ground.

the smell of rain refreshed her.

inhale

exhale.

slowly, she watched as the rain began to pour, a few droplets landing on her pants from the slight wind. she didn't mind.

she stood up and inhaled, letting the smell of the rain fill her lungs. opening her black umbrella, she walked out of the gazebo and into the rain.

she wanted herself to relax, but she couldn't. memories from earlier in the day plagued her mind. she wanted to explode from the amount of stress put on her by her parents.

who said she wouldn't be successful if she wasn't in the medical field? what about her happiness?

she was sick and tired of it; tired of the overwhelming amount of work put on her.

it wasn't worth it.

she dropped her umbrella and let the rain soak through her clothes. she didn't care anymore.

she let a scream erupt from her throat-- a scream of pure, raw emotion that has been brewing inside of her.

tears slipped out of her eyes and became one with the rain.

she didn't want to live a life like this.

on the verge of collapsing, she felt her body being jerked to the side and into a warm embrace.

it was him.

he scolded her with endless amounts of 'what were you thinking"s and "you're going to get sick"s.

did he not notice that she didn't care?

the rain stopped hitting her. she looked up and discovered she was covered by a shield of red and white stripes.

she felt warmth seep into her skin as his arms wrapped around her.

they stood there in a comfortable silence. no words were exchanged. no words needed to be exchanged. both of them knew it wasn't necessary.

the sound of the rain hitting the umbrella was reassurance in itself.