17

"I'm sorry, can I hear it one more time?" Adeline was afraid of the outcome if what he said was true and if her ears weren't playing tricks on her.

"You heard right." Taehyung simply stated, gazing at nothing in particular.

Silence surrounded them and the sound of the clanging silverware against the dishes and the sound of horns being honked from enraged drivers could be heard.

Adeline could feel her heartbeat speeding up when she asked, "So what-what do you think our relationship ship will result in once you do m-move."

He met her wavering eyes and said, "Well I don't know if I do want to move."

She widely opened her eyes–astonished. "What do you mean 'I don't know'? You've worked hard to get accepted to this specific university and I won't take no for an answer." Adeline praised.

"Adeline, I don't think you're really taking this under consideration. Think of the awful things that would initially damage our relationship."

She stayed quiet.

"And I'm saying if I do move, then we'll have to do a long distance relationship and-"

"And what? They don't always work out? Taehyung," she took his hand,"You need to understand that in a relationship there will be obstacles that we have to concur. There will be misunderstandings. There will be points in times where we might not fully trust each other but in the end it just matters that we concurred those obstacles together and helped our relationship grow stronger than before."

He stayed quiet.

"Okay." Taehyung exhaled.

He made his decision.

He looked up from his plate and stated, "I guess it's time to pack my bags."

Short chapy