Chapter 2

For Evony the week flew by in a blur. Between keeping up appearances at school so that her friends didn't know the inner turmoil that was wrecking havoc, and sneaking around the pack house to find anything in regards to the last thing her father had said, she was exhausted. It was her personal mission to avoid Alpha Morris, including blocking him from connecting with the mind link. Unfortunately, she couldn't avoid the people he'd send to communicate with her. Especially the Beta that was sent that morning to tell her that the Alpha had taken care of her acceptance fee, student amnesty paperwork, and the transportation for her school. Beta George also dutifully congratulated her on her upcoming nuptials and reminded her about the banquet for the night. As if she could forget.

It took her three days of waiting for the perfect opportunities to go through offices and her mother's things in the attic until she finally hit jackpot. But it wasn't the jackpot that she was hoping for. She found a journal that belonged to her mother that described in detail her affair with an alpha from another pack, an alpha that her mother was in love with but like Evony, was forced into marrying another. She read how her mother feared for her life if her husband ever found out that the child she carried was not in fact his, though she could never be sure.

Evony cried hard when she came to the last entry of the journal where the alpha that she was in love with had ended their affair to marry another, he'd found his mate. Her mother was devastated that she could no longer have him, that she was to give up her love, even when she tried to talk logically to herself that it was unfair to him that she was married to another while he had his mate to care for. Evony cried for the woman who was desperate for love to show her a way out, and clung to the hope of the child she carried, who was to be birthed in just a few short days, that she'd never have to go through the torment that she herself went through.

There in that attic, a few short days ago, Evony determined that she would never be like her mother. That while her mother who died giving birth to her, never revealed who it was that she had an affair with or even which pack he belonged to, she was determined to find out that information.

And so there she was, with a plan in her head, Evony stood next to Alpha Morris in the receiving line, in her strapless black ball gown. The shape really looked like it was better suited to be a wedding gown, but the color made Evony wonder if she could recycle the dress for the actual wedding that Alpha Morris had planned for her. It was evident that he didn't want anyone to know that she wasn't his daughter, and for her own safety she played along with it. Only a few members of the Silver Fang Pack had noticed that she had taken to calling him Alpha Morris instead of "daddy" or that she refused to look him directly in the eye, but they just chalked it up that she was showing respect to her father's position. But Evony didn't care what anyone thought, as long as they continued to think that she was his daughter.

'Calm girl,' Evony's wolf started getting anxious and riled up. And judging by the next guest, it was easy to see why. "Alex."

"My Evony, you've definitely grown up from the tall weed you were the last time I saw you. I must admit, I had reservations about this, but you look you'll be a lot of fun." Alex ran his finger down Evony's cheek while she struggled to not kick him in his groin.

"And you're still a prick with no manners." She whispered so that only he could hear her. Since her alpha was standing next to her, she outwardly smiled and said, "welcome! Have a great time this evening," the same thing she's had to say all evening.

"It'll be a great time when I get my mannerless prick inside you and place some pups in your belly." Alex took her earlobe and sucked it in between his lips. Evony closed her eyes and tried to will the bile back down her throat. Even if the likely hood was that she wasn't the biological daughter of Alpha Morris, he still raised her as if he was her father, and for the life of her, she couldn't understand why he would condemn her to a life that was her own mother's undoing.