A Crazy Idea

I FEEL SO BAD FOR NOT UPDATING SINCE FOREVER!!!!!! You guys probably hate me now, and I do too. I just had a couple very busy months, with school, soccer, and unexpected trips. It all dialed down now, so I'll be able to post more frequently. But I don't think it's going to be in a constant way (like once a week, for example). I apologize for that! I'm gonna do my best.

**Little recap of the previous chapters: Cordelia, the main chacracter, is at the Gillette Stadium to see a Canada vs USWNT game.  After the game is over she realizes she forgot her Tobin Heath jersey at her seat, so she goes back inside the stadium to fetch it. Finding the structure empty, she hears noise coming from a locker room. She makes her way to the changing room and finds a wounded Tobin Heath and a knocked out Alex Morgan. Someone then locks them inside the room, chapter 4 ending with Cordelia trying to open the door and discovering that it won't budge.**

***
Cordelia's P.O.V.

Finally, fifteen minutes later—which felt more like five since Tobin and I were discussing—we hear someone knock on the door.

"Cordelia, are you in there?" a deep voice asks, filled with worry.

My dad! He found us!

I am up in the blink of an eye and rush to the door to answer.

"Yeah dad, I'm here!" I say, relief washing over me. "Thank God you finally showed up! We were starting to think that we'd be stuck here for the whole night!"

"We? Who else is with you?"

"Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan, from the United-States' team. It's a long story, but they're both injured so you need to get us out of here as fast as possible," I answer, sparing a look at the midfielder and her inert friend.

"All right, I'll figure something out. I'll be back in a few minutes." I then hear footsteps scurry away.

I turn on my heel to look at the brown-eyed girl.

"My dad will get us out of this stupid room in no time." I give her a confident smile. "He's very resourceful."

"I hope so, because my leg is starting to make me suffer again. Plus, Lex's deep unconsciousness is beginning to make me nervous..." she says while grinding her teeth, her pained gaze staring at her motionless friend near her.

"Don't worry too much, I'm sure it's nothing too serious. The fact that she's breathing is a good sign!"

"Yeah, hum, not helping," she answers, dead serious.

Before I can reply my dad is back on the other side of the locked door.

"I'm back! I got the keys, I think."

"Where did you find them?" I ask while moving closer to the door.

"They were further down the corridor, near an emergency exit."

Good thing the odds are in our favour!

"I bet it's the person that attacked Lex and I that dropped them," Tobin says to me.

"Probably."

A couple seconds later, the door opens on my dad with his arms open. I jump on him and hug his broad stature, glad to see him. His grip on me tightens also, reassured to have found his beloved daughter. He then lets me go of me and plants his stare into mine.

"Next time, try not to get yourself into this kind of mess," he gravely tells me. "And you could have called me, you know!"

"Well..."