Chapter 2: I Met You!

This is for those of you that bothered to ask me to continue, even if there were only two or three. I apologize for not doing this sooner. 

On the other side of the school, Percy was doing and saying the same thing. Because as soon as he'd said that first word to Jason, his watch had stopped. He barely looked down at it, then around the darkened classroom, and took off out into the hall, running for the seniors hallway. He needed to talk to his ex. Annabeth always knew what to do, no matter what. Gods, he just hoped she was okay talking with him. 

-+-

Annabeth heard the footsteps coming up behind her, and anticipated the hand holding hers a moment later. A panting Percy stood beside her, his face pale and dripping with sweat. She smiled a little. "What is it?"

"Jason Grace."

"What did he do now?" She knew of the 'terrible' things he'd done to Percy, which were just accidentally bumping in to him, stealing the attention from his big win, things like that. She squeezed his hand. "I'm sure it's not this bad-"

"He's my soul mate."

She stopped walking, staring at him. "Wh-What?"

He nodded. "I just about had a row with him in the old classroom for Spanish...And my watch stopped. The first time I've ever talked to him..." He swallowed. "He has to know by now...He ran into me yesterday on the street." He was tearing up. "I...I don't want him....¨

Annabeth set her hand on Percy's cheek. "Hey...it'll be okay. That's how I felt about PIper...I thought she was the dumb girl in class..." She pulled him into a tight hug. "It'll work out, Perce. YOu need to have an actual conversation with him, you might like a lot of the same things he does, you never know." She kissed his forehead. "I believe in you. Now go to class, you have a test today."

He sighed and nodded, kissed her cheek, and jogged away. She watched him go, then walked into her class, smiling a little.

Percy was in no way  happy with the predicament. In fact it sort of made him want to die. He groaned as he slouched into his seat. Fucking hell. Fucking Hell.