Axel ✔

Torin's keeping something from me I know it. He's been avoiding me for the past couple months and I'm starting to think that I've done something wrong. But I didn't, and that's the problem. Or he's mad at me for the party last month. I don't remember what I did. All I remember was him being there and waking up in a strange bed by myself ... was he there with me? I need to ask him. But how? It wasn't like he is going to willingly choose me over his time with his friends and family. Although, he has been here for the vacation of every holiday.

There goes another thing about him that I gotta ask.

I walked around the campus on a Saturday afternoon when I ran into someone. They fell on the floor and squeaked an adorable but small 'ouch!'. I look down worriedly and see the one person I have been looking for the entire day. I sighed in relief as I helped him up and smiled softly at him.

"Are you alright?" I asked Torin. The boy nodded and shifted on his feet nervously, as though he wanted to tell me something. I raised an eyebrow at him, urging him to do so silently, hoping that he got it. He didn't. Torin cleared his throat, shifting on his feet without looking at me.

"Um, if you'll excuse me, I have some work to do," he says and walks past me as if he didn't hear. As though he didn't want to talk to me .... I watched him go, turning away and leaving after his figure left my sight. It had hurt me the way he had left without his usual talk and goodbye. It only hurt so much because he hadn't done this before, so my heart and mind was all over the place. I then walked down to Kaiden's and Damari's room, wanting to know what is going on with their friend, hoping that they would tell me at a little bit. I knocked and waited about two minutes before Damari opened the door.

"Yes?" He said. He red hair was wet, his clothed were baggy, and his green eyes blank with no emotion. Like he knew that I would be coming eventually. This made me all the more confused, hurt, and curious.

"Um, I'm here about Torin," I said, rubbing my arm awkwardly. It's not that I didn't like the kid, he's just a bit off putting, and he knew that. Damari nodded, turning around and heading inside. Kaiden soon came to the door and gave me a tired yet expecting smile. What's with that?

"Hello Uncle Axel. What do you need?" He asked, yawning. I smiled at him, guilt riding over all my other emotions when I realized that I had woke him up from his sleep. I know how much pregnant people need their rest and sleep, and I went and ruined it.

"I need information about my roommate Torin. He's your best friend and I've noticed he'd been acting strange and I know you've to. Do you know why?" I asked them, hopeful. Damari had come up from the kitchen and stood behind Kaiden as I said this, and so they look at each other.

I got nervous.

"I think it's best that Torin told you it himself," replied Damari. I sighed and nodded.

"Alright, then. Thanks boys" I said and left them alone. I just had to get the information. No matter who wanted to tell me or not.

???

I was in the shower later when I had heard the door to the room opened and closed. Torin was inside. I heard him scream in frustration and jump on his bed. I could tell he was crying. I let the water hit me and run down my body, my mind trailing back to the boy in my room. I stood there in confusion and worry as to why he was crying and in the room so early. Torin is in pain and nobody would not tell me why. I mean, I'm a trustworthy man am I not?

Am I?

I sighed and turned the shower off. I pulled back the curtain and stepped out the tub, grabbing my towel from the counter and drying off before wrapping the towel around my waist and looking at myself in the mirror. Then I checked the trash to see if it needed to be taken out when I saw something. I reached in and pulled it out. 'A pregnancy test?' I thought and read the results. It said positive. I stood there for a few moments before walking out with the test in my hand.

Torin had calmed down and was now reading a book, hiccuping from the crying he was doing only moments ago. I stared at him for a moment before saying,

"Torin? What's this?"

Torin looks up at me and his eyes widened when I held up the test. He stood up and walked over to me, holding his hands out. He tried to take the test from my hand when he got to me, but I backed away. He teared up then.

"It's a pregnancy test, Headmaster," he whispered, going back to the formalities. I felt some anger swell up inside me. How could he not tell me that he was pregnant?! I mean, I would be disappointed, but not at him.

"Why didn't you tell me Torin?! Huh!? I ain't ready for no kid. I don't want my kid to come into this world and I have nothing to give them! Did you tell your parents? Do they know?! What the hell Torin!" I shouted, making him cry.

"I was going to tell you, I swear! I just didn't know how. Kaiden--"

"My nephew knew about this?!" I interrupted, the anger getting the best of me. Torin nodded slowly. I groaned and went to put some clothes on. When done, I turn to Torin once more. I flung the test at him angrily.

"Look, since you like to keep major secrets from people with my relatives, why don't you go and live with them!" I screamed and left the room, leaving Torin there to cry by himself.

I didn't want anything to do with him