Frostbite

(l/n)= last name

(f/n)= first name

(h/l)= hair length

(h/c)= hair color

(e/c)= eye color

*********************************

Your POV

*********************************

The weather was agonizing. The cold bitter wind was ripping into my cheeks and nose. I tried covering up my face with my scarf but the wind kept blowing it off, making my face even more cold.

The walk home was a long one. After the bus dropped me off, it was about a half miles walk up a snowy mountain. I kept mumbling under my breath about making my parents pick me up at the bottom, but they were never home at the time school was out. I grow into a bad mood because snow keeps falling on me.

My parents work a lot, you see. My mom own a dentists office and is always on the clock. My dad is in charge of a charity organization and is currently in Nigeria on a business trip. It doesn't bother me much, being home alone all the time. However, needless to say, it was sometimes lonely.

Finally, I reach my door step. My front door has a closed in porch with green painted wood flooring. I sigh as I open up the creaky screen door and use my key to let me inside. The heat wave hits me, giving me instant relief from the nipping cold that was left outside.

I have no pet to greet me whenever I would come home, which always secretly depressed me.

'I need to remind mom that we need to go grocery shopping,' I think to myself as I open the stainless steel refrigerator door. I flick off my wet shoes and throw my bag carelessly to the ground beside the couch in my living room.

Without hesitation, I flop down on the couch and reach for the remote. Flicking through some channels, I'm disappointed and settle with some movie with a catchy title.

School starts to gnaw at the back of my mind, specifically English class. To specify, I have an essay that may or may not be due the next day. It's about what we like about winter and to think of a story to write about. Everyone I know is doing something about Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer. But why would I want to do what everyone else is doing?

I decide to look anything up about winter folklore and read a wiki about a winter spirit named Jack Frost. He seemed interesting enough to write about. As I read on, I notice that some of the things he was able to do made sense.

'Could he be real?' I think, not completely sure. I'm close to falling asleep where I sit when I hear a sudden thud coming from outside. The sound comes from out front.

I look outside the door and see a great amount of snow falling off my porch roof. I'm about to turn away, shrugging it off, until I notice the mound of snow begins to move. Intrigued, but slightly frightened, I cautiously walk outside on my porch. I look around I see if there is anyone outside, possibly footprints. There is none that I can see.

I hurry up and put on my rain boots which I kept outside the door and step down the step. It's freezing to the bone, but the snow fall slowed down tremendously. I turn around to face my porch and look up. On the edge of my porch roof, is a unconscious boy.

***********************************

Jacks POV

***********************************

I had to put some snow on the ground before what's left of it now melts away.

I drift with the wind, admiring my work on a large round-topped mountain. On the road below me, a little to my left, was a yellow and black school bus. Immediately, this triggers my curiosity and I darted down there excited to what kind of children were down there.

I flew around the back of the bus and saw what seemed to be the teenagers there, chatting away. They didn't see me, so I went ahead to the front of the bus and watched the younger kids and laughed with them.

I'm recovering from a good joke by this kid in a red coat and I look at the back if the bus and saw a teenager that wasn't like the others. She isn't talking with the others and just looks out the window. This interests me and I go and to get a closer look. Upon getting a closer look, I didn't realize how beautiful she was. She had gorgeous (h/l) and (h/c) hair and big (e/c) eyes that could kill.

I am a little taken back by my reaction, 'How can I like this girl? I've seen so many girls but why does this one interest me?' I'm slightly overwhelmed, but it seems that the more I look at her, time goes just a tiny bit faster.

After several minutes, the bus slows to a halt at the base of the mountain. The doors open and she steps off. She reminded me of one of those dancers you call ballerinas, for her step is light and graceful. She wraps her scarf over her face to my disappointment. However, I keep her pace as she walks up the mountain.

I hide in the trees, which doesn't make sense since she can't see me. Oh yeah, she can't see me. This just got more complicated. I float up a little bit and my foot catches the tree branch, causing plenty of snow to fall right on her.

"Ugh!" I heard to say to herself.

"Haha! " I begin to laugh at her misfortune. However, something starts to eat away at me that I've almost forgotten what it felt like. Guilt.

"You can't hear me, but I'm sorry about that.. I suppose," I grumble. I feel ridiculous.

'Well, if she can't see or hear me, better keep myself entertained.' I think as I form a snowball with my staff and hand. I look at her, take aim, and I threw the snowball, aiming for her butt. She turns around, obviously annoyed. I start to laugh quietly, but as she keeps looking it just makes me laugher harder by the second! I open my eyes to realize she's already inside.

I fly to her porch and float around the house. I look in a window that looks like inside is a kitchen. I watch her make a disappointed face as she closed the refrigerator door and launch herself on her couch, grabbing a TV remote.

I look around the outside of her house for a way in because I couldn't just waltz right through her front door, she would be terrified! And that's from experience from a few decades back. I see from the ground a protruding chimney that leads into her cabin. I fly up there to see how it looked. Yeah, it might be a tight squeeze but I think a sheet of ice could do the trick.

'Wait, why am I thinking about how to get in? Has chivalry truly died?' I facepalm at the thought. One, who am I to literally trespass into her home. Two, I need to ask North how he does this.

My heart skips a beat at the sound of an intense cracking sound. I turn to look up as a large pile of snow, as well as a thick branch, coming barreling towards me from a large pine tree overhead.

My reaction is slow, and I feel hard contact with the side of my head, sending me into darkness.