In A Heartbeat ➳ Barry Allen/The Flash

prologue

_______________

Look at how far we've come. Look at this mess we've made. I'm still praying that the sun tears my body from the shade. Tell me that we're too far gone. Tell me that we'll be okay.

Flesh and bone wrapped up in skin, kept alive by oxygen. But right now breathing is so tough. They say they know what I can feel and time will find a way to heal. But right now time is not enough... When it's too hard and too late, when I'm too tired to run away... And all the pieces of the break evaporate

It's been six months.

Six months since the singularity opened up over Central City and still to this day Natalie Reed hasn't forgotten what happened. Nobody has.

After the singularity had been closed, the citizens of Central City had been left to pick up the pieces. Glass and metal shattered across the streets. Stores and businesses torn apart. The city left in shambles. But somehow, their hope remained strong.

Throughout the chaos, a light shined through the early stages of the darkness, inadvertently guiding the people through the chaos. The Flash.

But what they didn't know was that the man behind the mask was haunted. Haunted by the death of his friends. Holding all of the blame over his head. A broken soul. Team Flash was no longer united, ripped apart by the traumatic events, pushed in different directions.

He was on his own.

They all were.

Natalie Reed had thought she'd seen everything. The impossible and the unimaginable. But six months after the singularity had been stopped, something bigger had come to Central City.

Haunted by the aftermath of what she, Barry, and the rest of Team Flash had caused, the group must once again come to terms that they cannot give up on this city. That they cannot give up on each other.

When world's collide, they must be stronger. In order to face Zoom,

they must beat as one heart.