#1

I stared at my homework hopelessly. I threw it aside carelessly, sighing in defeat.
  "I don't understand."
  ''What's wrong tobster? " my sister Lyra asked from the door.
  "Lyra!" I got up quickly from my bed and hugged her tightly. "I've missed you!"
   "Tobs you've only been in college a week and I've been coming to see you everyday after work." She chuckled hugging me tightly. "Wanna go to get something to eat?" She asked.
  I nodded.  "Macadoos?" I asked hopefully.
  She nodded and led me to her car.
  I texted my roommate Tim that we were leaving.

Tim:  :( when will u be back?
Toby: around 6 k?
Tim:  k :) <3

  I always am confused by the emojis that he sends but I usually just shake it off. I sighed dreamily thinking about him.  I smiled.
  "What's up? " Lyra asked me while focusing on the road. "You usually aren't this happy. Not that it's a bad thing I just wanted to know what's making you so happy."
  "Umm....well...I have a c-crush." I said bashfully.
  "Ohhhh. Who's the lucky girl?"
  Fuck!
  I stayed silent.
  "Come on bro you can tell me."
  I still stayed silent.
  ''Toby?"
   I sighed knowing I couldn't escape this. "L-Lyra...I'm g-gay."
  Right then a car from the other lane came into our lane. Lyra tried to dodge it but failed. We were hit head on. After my screams of shock I passed out.

  I woke up in a hospital bed. I remember waking up and seeing lyras wounded body but then I passed out again. I stared at the ceiling, tears running down my face.
  Is she ok?
  The door opened to reveal Tim with a bouquet of roses. I smiled as I gestured for him to come in. His face was pain filled and tear soaked. I gasped at his condition. He ran over and hugged me tightly. I felt safe in his arms. Like nothing could hurt me.
  "Are y-you ok?" I asked pulling away slightly from the hug.
  "I should be asking you the same question."  He said and sat on the edge of the bed.
  "Yea I'm fine but how's lyra?"
  "I don't know....I'm sorry."
  "Its ok. Now are you ok?" I asked.
  "Yea. Just worried about you."
  I sighed staring in his blue eyes. He did the same.
  "Here. I got you these on my way." He said handing me the bouquet.
  I smiled. "Thank you." My cheeks tinted pink.
  awhile after he left my mum came in to see me. I immediately bombarded her with questions.
   "Woah! Toby dear. Slow down."  She had said while taking my hand in hers. "Lyras ok...for now. You can go see her if you wish."
  I smiled brightly. "What room?"
  "319." My mum said but before she could say anything I ran out the door. I slid down the hall in my socks trying to stop at the door but landed a few doors down. I walked back to the door and knocked.
  "Come in." I heard Lyra say behind the door.
  I walked in expecting to see Lyra in perfect health. I gasped at the almost unrecognizable girl in the bed. She had stitches and bloody scars all over her body.
  "Hey bro. You doin ok?" She asked with a tired raspy voice.
  "Yea. Are you?"I asked walking to her side.
   "Could feel better but I'll survive." She said. "So I never did get to ask you who you like." She had a smirk plastered on her face.
  I blushed a little. "Uhh...no one important. . ."
   ''Oh come on. I bet he's super hot! What's his name?"
   '' t-Timothy." I said looking at the ground.
   "Awe! Do you have a picture of him?"
   I pulled out my phone and went through my pictures to find one of me and Tim taking a selfie at chick-fil-a. I showed Lyra.
   "Too much cuteness!!" She gasped. "You guys really need to hook up."
   I smiled and sat at her bedside.  
  "Do you have his number?" She asked curiously.
   I nodded pulling up his contact. I smiled remembering when he gave his number to me.
   "Text him. Tell him to come here that your sis wants to meet him."
    "...ok."

Toby: hey.:)
Tim:   wassup? :)
Toby: do you mind coming here to meet my sis? U don't have to. I was just asking.
Tim: I'd love to ill be down there in 5 k?
Toby: k

  "He'll be here in a few minutes." I told her.
   She nodded.

<3 I lost the paper that was in my jacket that had part of chapter 2 in it.:(