eighteenth

Kennedy was tired. She had been driving from Mississauga to Guelph all week because she had work in Guelph, but it was reading week... She didn't want to stay in Guelph. Her plan was to come home to spend time with her friends, but she had been too tired to even try.

After working a six hour shift, then being stuck in traffic for two and a half hours, she was so thankful to pull onto her street. She was smiling while she thought about what she was gonna do when she got home. Take a nice, warm shower, then go lay in her bed in something comfy, and of course she'd invite her dogs to join her. She couldn't wait.

She told her mom about her day when she first got home. They talked for a half hour before Kennedy decided she needed to shower.

She didn't even go into her room, just grabbed a pair of sweats and a shirt of Dylan's from the pile of clothes on the dryer and went straight to the bathroom.

She actually let out a moan when she felt the warm water rushing over her muscles. She was more exhausted than she thought. She did her whole shower routine before she stepped out. She wrapped a towel around her waist and twisted her hair up in one.

She put all her lotions, and serums, and whatever else on and changed into her pajamas. She checked her phone. Dylan had texted her that he missed her, she replied and told him she missed him too, even if she was mad at him. He also posted a picture of them on Instagram.

Dylstrome19: Only been two days but I really miss my girl. 💏

She smiled and liked it, then commented she missed him also. She tossed her towels in the hamper then set off for her room. She walked in with her head down, tossing her work clothes into her hamper. She let out a sigh then looked up. She froze.

Dylan was sitting on her bed beaming.

"Wha-"

"Baby, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to snap on you like that. I just convince myself that everything I'm doing isn't enough and I get," He shook his head. "Stupid, I get stupid."

"Dyl, it's okay. You didn't have to drive up here." She sighed.

"Yes, I did. You deserve this much." He explained as he walked over. "Go lie down."

"Why?" She furrowed her brows.

"Just, please?" He begged.

She exhaled, walking over to her bed. She laid on her side so she could see him. He started to shake his head.

"Close your eyes."

"Dylan." She whined.

"Close them, roll onto your back, and don't open them until I say to." He instructed.

She growled, but did as she was told. She laid on her bed with her hands crossed on her stomach. She heard his feet shuffling towards her. Her bed dipped as he cuddled into her side. She smiled and shifted over, eyes still shut. He wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled into her side.

"Remember the night we went to the drive in, and we were sitting on the hood, and you kept going on and on, and on and on, about how you wished the stars were always out?" He smirked.

"Yeah." She giggled.

"Alright, open your eyes."

She did as told. It took a minute for her eyes to focus, but she could faintly see what was going on. Dylan had stuck a bunch of those glow in the dark, plastic stars on her ceiling... All over her ceiling. There was no way it hadn't taken him hours to do it.

Her eyes started watering. She turned her head toward him with a pout on her face. He smiled and kissed her.

"Thank you so much. I can't believe you remembered I love stars." She laughed lightly, looking back up.

"I remembered that you love stars because I love you." He stated.

Her head shot back towards him.

"That might be scary, or crazy, but I figured it out when you left. I knew you were really upset with me, and it killed me. I wanted to be with you more than anything." He confessed. "I'm fine with you not feeling the same. I just wanted to tell you."

"Dylan, I love you too." She said before he finished his sentence. "I wouldn't drive to Erie every weekend for just anyone."

She smiled and he laughed. He shook his head lightly before he pressed his lips to hers.

Happy.

Dylan was finally happy.