fourteen.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN ,

⠀Her jaw hurt the most. It was like a wrench opening up her mouth tightly, turning the lever opening wider and wider till there was enough room to stick the barrel down her throat. It tasted awful, her tongue becoming squashed, her teeth biting down onto the gun.

⠀She felt a gag coming up, her left hand briefly reaching up to clutch her throat - in hopes of not puking on the weapon.

⠀She steadied the gun in her hands, tears streaming into her mouth. The taste of metal and salt coating her tongue, her breath hot on the silver surface.

⠀Her finger came up to the trigger, brushing it gently back and forth, her whimpers echoing on the material.

⠀Her knees cried out in pain as she knelt down, Theo's lungs screaming for more air, breathing in and out heavily, sharply, quickly - until she was panicking and she had to shut her eyes tightly, in hopes of collecting her soul.

⠀"No," was repeated from her throat, being muffled by the gun there. She almost felt it hit the back of her neck, and her fingers fumbled for the trigger.

⠀A sudden sense of 'do it' struck her, and her actions were quick and the trigger was pulled.

⠀A sharp intake of air, a combustion of tissues and puzzle-pieces of her skull, and a noise like shattering bone. She felt like glass, tearing apart inside her mind.

⠀Blood poured from her nose, mouth, and eyes, dribbling down her chin and neck. Crimson streams down her pale, sickly skin, more taste of metal and smoke.

⠀The gun dropped to the ground, her hands shaking. She breathed out a puff of grey air, coughing the ashy scent into the space around her, more tears mixing with blood that seeped down her cheeks.

⠀A hole was left at the back of her head, and yet here she was - breathing.

⠀All she could do was scream, red teeth and veins turning black, her soul aging but her body not. The area around her eyes turning dark, as the long, desperate sound sliced its way through the house.

⠀The blood she tasted, smelt, felt, turned ebony and empty like how she was inside.

⠀She dribbled with black blood and desperation for death, and she was never going to get the latter.

_____