chapter 2

"BEEP! BEEP!" The alarm screamed into my ear.
"Alright, alright " I said half awake, "I get it."
I yawn, get up and stretch. I look at myself in the mirror and snarl at my completion. Another day, another problem I say all the way from my bed to the bathroom. I get my hair out of the now messy, messy bun. My head is full of ugly curls again and I sigh at it. My hair will never be straight and long like all the popular girls hair. I keep staring at my tired face in the large bathroom mirror.....oh god? Is that a pimple? I make a disgusted face. Ew and I have bags under my eyes. I pull the skin on my face a little then conner comes in. He looks at my wierdly, "what are you doing?"
"Oh I'm just looking at my imperfections." I say staring at myself in mirror secretly hoping he doesn't know what that word means and doesn't ask questions.
"But your perfect already." He says looking at me with a suprised smirk. I couldn't help but smile and I hate smiling. A few years ago someone told me I look like my dad when I smile. Now it's one of those things. He's one of the memories no one wants and I'll always have a part of those memories when I smile. What if my mom crys everytime I smile? Or what if that makes her hate me because I have a part of her she wants to get rid of? It's silly to think about but it haunts me sometimes.
"Thanks conner, brush your teeth and I'll get dressed and make breakfast, okay?"
"Mhm." He says as he jumps up on his stool so he can reach the sink.
I run into my room and close my door and rush to my closet. I groan, "nothing. I have nothing." I rip this cute, short dress out I've never worn but then I look at my legs and I shake my head and put it back in the closet and go back to searching. I find black jeans and a "punk out" shirt.
"This will have to do." I say as I put a black, lacey bra and the outfit on. I walk out my bedroom door and downstairs. I see conner watching Author so I walk past him made the 2 last pieces of toast and put jelly on them.
"Okay order up, bud!" He runs in and skarfs them down. I grab our bags and put them in the backseat and put conner in his car seat. Luckily I learned how to drive when I was 14 because if I didn't I would have to wait on my mom and we'd never get there. I turn on the Disney radio and conner and I of course know all the words by heart so we sing out the lyrics like there's no tomorrow. We finally get to his preschool.
"DO I have to go?" He says looking sick.
"What's wrong?"
"Since daddy went on vacation Mrs.Rebecca has acted wierd around me."
"Well..." I say as I jump out of the car and open his door, "would you like for me to talk to her after I get out of school?" I unbuckle him and pick him up and put him on the side-walk.
"I already asked." I look suprised for a second, "they said they wanna talk to mom..."
I get his bag out. "Well they can't right now....so they'll have to talk to your other mom for now." I say smiling but he looks down. "It'll be alright bud, okay?" I look down at my phone, "Oh shoot! I'm late!" I pick him up take him in there kiss his forehead and he waddles off to his class and I speed walk to my car and sit there, close my eyes and breathe for a second. I finally put the key in and start driving. "Everything will be okay....." I whisper to myself constantly. I turn on 'Skinny love' by Bon Iver. I sing along quitly as I turn into my school and find a parking spot. I sigh and look at my makeup in the rear view mirror.
"Wow no makeup today Amber I see. I'm sure everyone will fall for you when you look like a tired teen mom." I say aloud to myself.
I get out and walk through the big metal doors.
I take a big sniff, " mmmm I love the smell of sweat and pimple cream in the moring."