Face Down

(These will all be in first person btw)

        I look in the mirror and see the black and blue marks covering my body. "He loves me, he just needs my help and everything will be fine" I told myself. But deep down I knew this wasn't true.

         I heard the sound of the front door opening and the thundering footsteps of my abusive boyfriend. He walked to me with a drunken and evil look on his face.

        He started screaming at me, calling me slut, b****, unwanted, and anything else you may think of. He raised his fist and punched me, knocking me to the floor. I lay their for about 5 seconds before I felt him begin to kick me.

       After he had finished with that outburst I watched him destroy the house in fury. Pictures were thrown everywhere, furniture broken and glass strewn everywhere.

     "He still loves me, it's just been a bad day at work, he will be fine tomorrow" I told myself.

    It's the same as usual, anger, yelling, beatings, and destroying the house. I am finally realizing that all of my friends were right, and I should have gotten out while I could.

    That night, I escaped through the window and fled to the only friend I had left. He took me in and now I am a happy, independant woman and HE is now in jail for the rest of his life.

This was terrible, but I've gotta start somewhere.