A softie on the inside

I hopped into Tyler's car and gave him a peck on the cheek. 

"Hey ,Summers."

I smirked, hearing him call me by my surname, his nickname for me, it made me feel special.

"Hey Tyler! So what are we doing today? I'm hungry!!! Let's eat!"

"Relax, we can do whatever you
want,babe."

Tyler never seemed to get excited about anything, it always made me wonder why, and when ever I asked him he just said it was part of his suaveness.

"Burger King?" I asked him, knowing that he loved Burger King.

"Nah, let's get McDonalds."
I was shocked, Tyler would never choose McDonalds over Burger King.

He laughed, quite loud to be honest.

"You should've seen the look on your face, it was priceless!"

I punched his muscular arm, I was on my period and wasn't in the mood for his jokes.

"Hey Summers! What was that for? Are you on your period again?"

"No!" I snapped, maybe a little too fast.

"Are you sure, I saw some blood on the back of jeans, as you got in?"

"You did, you can't be serious! I'll be right back!"

He laughed again, a little louder this time.

"What?!" I snapped again, I was a little embarrassed to be honest.

"Relax Char, I was joking. But now I at least know you're on your period" he said this with a smirk on his face.

"Tsk, Tyler lets just go I'm hungry and I'm moody!"

"Okay Char." He said this slightly irritated.

He started the engine and reversed out of my driveway.

"So Char, how about we get some Burger King and then we go to the beach, it seems like a nice day to go the beach?" I haven't been to the beach in ages and when Tyler asked me I immediately said yes.

"That sounds great! Just, since when do you go to the beach?"

He looked at me slightly puzzled.

"Well, never. I just figured I take you to the beach just to make you happy."
I felt as if I was about to melt when he said this, I knew Tyler was a softie on the inside and a toughie on the outside, but I never knew he was such a softie.

"Aww, you so sweet!" I tapped his nose as I said this. He grinned, Tyler loved it when I tapped his nose playfully and he knew I loved it when he did the same to me. Even though Tyler and I have only been together for the past six months, I felt like I've known him my whole life. I shivered as I thought this, my best friend, Lucas died nearly six months ago. I missed him so much. Tyler seemed to see me shiver and asked; "Char, are you alright?" I wanted to tell him, but I didn't want to hurt he's feelings, instead I just lied hoping that he wouldn't notice considering I was a terrible liar.

"I'm fine, Tyler, I'm completely fine." I should've left the last part out, I kind of   sounded a little bit too reassuring.

"Char, you know I know you a terrible liar, so just tell me, you know you can tell me anything." He looked at me , giving me a knowing smile and then continued to drive.

"Tyler, I..." I just couldn't do it I felt too sad talking about it and I didn't want to hurt he's feelings.

"Just tell me, Char." I sighed, knowing I couldn't get out of this one. "Tyler, I miss Luke, I miss my best friend! And I know I have you, but it just isn't the same without him. I grew up with him and now I can never see him again. I try to stay strong, but I just can't take it anymore, I miss him Tyler, I miss our friendship." I started to cry, I just missed my best friend. Tyler pulled over to the side of the road, opened his door and walked over mine. He opened my door and just hugged me. It was a bear hug , but I loved it anyway. I wrapped my arms around his muscular body and continued to cry, wetting his mother-beater leather jacket. We stood their for what felt like forever, just hugging each other . He eventually tucked a couple of loose strands of hair around  my ear , looked at me and smiled. I felt like butterfly's were flying around in my stomach. "It's okay Char, don't worry, I'm here for you and I'll never leave you." He then kissed my forehead, gently sending tingles down my spine.

Hi thanks for reading, this is my first story on watt pad and I hope you like it.  Will be posting soon!!
Lots of love

20zarnoo xxx