Through the Window

There I sat, staring out my window watching as the Weasley twins flew back and forth on the brooms I would never be allowed to have. Mum was too fearful of everything. I had  never actually hung out with the Weasley kids. I knew who they were but only because we were neighbors. Mum said that they had a boy my age who was starting school that year. She told me that his name was Ron and that she wanted me to try and be friends with him. Just then my mum called up to me, "Connor, you need to pack your trunk for your first day at Hogwarts tomorrow!"

"Okay, Mum" I called back pulling out my trunk from under my bed. My version of packing is just taking all of my stuff, and cramming it into the trunk. Once, I had finished "packing" I went down stairs and waited at the table while Mum finished preparing dinner.

"The Lovegoods are coming for dinner tonight so I would like you to set the table." Reluctantly I went to the cupboard and got out the plates, utensils and glasses. The Lovegoods were a man and his daughter, who were also my neighbors. Xenofilius and his daughter Luna were Mum and I's only good friends. Luna is a year younger than me but she is the closest thing I have to a friend. Mum and I don't go out much at all. Ever since my Father abandoned us, Mum hasn't trusted anyone.