Chapter 2

•Liam's POV•

The sharp, anguished screech echoed throughout the forest. My back shivered. Niall. Without hesitation, I ran full force towards the direction it came from.

"Liam no!" I ignore the boys' attempt to stop me. Niall, please be okay.

The soles of my shoes dug to the frozen dirt as I ran deeper into the woods, frantically yelling Niall's name. I squinted my eyes, trying to make out my whereabouts. I started walking slowly but stopped when I heard a twig snap. "Niall?" My knees were bent, and my eyes were wide with alert. From all the horror movies I've seen, I suppose the best idea would of been to run away, forget Niall and save my life but I couldn't.

I scanned the meadow before me taking in its features. The moonlight and how it shun directly underneath, providing enough light for me to navigate my way through the tangled tree roots and fallen pinecone and leaves. Before I got to reach the center of the meadow, I fell. Something grazed past me, knocking me to the ground as it past by in a blur. I panicked, crawling backwards to the closest tree I could see through the dim light and pressed my back against it. The air felt dense and I couldn't keep it in my lungs. I couldn't breathe. I'm afraid. I rested my palm on the trees rough bark, using all my strength to stand again. My knees felt weak. I'm weak. I knew there was no point in yelling out: "who's there!?" But I found myself doing it anyways, and when I did I knew I wouldn't receive a response. Instead I received the forest's silence. It was strained in this tension, and it rung loudly in my ears.
My feet felt heavy, weighting a ton as I forced them to move forward. Move, goddammit. I'm so afraid. I'm so, so afraid. I don't know why but I'm so afraid. I moved forward, each step sending chills down my spine. I feel someone's presence but when I stopped and spun around I saw no one. I felt holes being burned through the back of my head, I'm so afraid. Fallen leaves crunched and bushes shuffled. Someone was here. "Niall?" I whispered. It wasn't Niall. The growling sound emerging from the darkness wasn't his and I immediately took a step back, preparing myself to sprint off. Oh shit, I'm going to get eaten by a fucking bear.
I sprinted off, impetuously running towards the meadow. My eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness. The moon shun incredibly strong, all it's energy focused on this open meadow. I spun in a circle, my breath shaking, unsure as what direction to run to. The animal's growling came from different directions and I saw it's black figure as it hid behind the trees that surrounded the meadow. A bear can't be that fast. What is that thing?

I began to feel warmth. It felt as if the moon's energy traveled through the ray of light that focused upon me. This warmth enveloped me, transferring it's strength.

--
Hey so I wrote this chapter years ago when I was 12 and into one direction and fan fiction. I came back recently to see a lot of support for both of my werewolf stories and im sorry that I can't continue onward with them. Even though I stopped writing fan fiction I do plan on publishing original work that I've been writing recently in any of you guys would be interested. Sorry, but to make up for it I'll leave you guys with this chapter and their future up to you and your imagination.