My Dear Brother pt.4

Our parents are coming home today. Kain and I have been nervous all day, just waiting for them to come home. I asked him if we should tell him and his answer was a definite yes. Scenarios of my happy family being destroyed by our relationship played out in my head, and scared me shitless. I didn’t want my family to break over the love I have for my brother, but I couldn’t keep lying to myself. I had done it for four years, and all it caused me was pain.

“They’re here.” Kain said before leaning down and kissing my lips softly.

I opened the door for them and in came running Trish, who looked happy to see Kain and I. I scooped her in my arms and twirled her around, then handed her to Kain who smothered her in kisses. That child was really spoiled.

Mom came in and hugged me tight and kissed my cheeks, “I missed you baby.” She said the same to Kain as she hugged him as well. My dad came in last, carrying the bags. I helped him get them inside and once we were done, he hugged me tight and patted my back.

“We brought gifts!” Mom announced as she clapped her hands and a very happy Trish jumped up and down.

“Mom, Dad, we would like to talk to you about something.” Kain said as he grabbed Trish in his arms and sat on the couch in front of our parents.

No more hiding. Here goes nothing. I bit my lip as I sat next to Kain and he reached for my hand.

I saw mom and dad’s confused expression. Taking a deep breath, I decided to be the first to talk.

“I… I’ve had a crush on Kain for four years now, and I finally told him. He admitted that he has feelings for me too, and we have been dating these two weeks you two have been away.”

Mom and dad looked shocked and then a smile spread on their lips, “It’s ok, son.” Dad said as he got up to get water from the kitchen.

Mom opened her first bag and looked around, “We already knew you two had feelings for each other. It was about time, actually.” She laughed and dad nodded.

I had no words, so Kain spoke for the both of us.

“What do you mean you knew we had feelings for each other?”

Dad sat down and wrapped his arm around mom’s shoulders. “We’ve known you two loved each other ever since Andy was fifteen and you, Kain, was seventeen. It wasn’t that well hidden, if you ask me.”

“I still don’t understand. You’re ok with this?” I point to Kain and myself. “This is incest, mom. Dad, we’re both gay. Trish, say something!”

Mom and dad laughed and Trish followed. Kain and I were still pretty confused. That’s when my mom decided to tell us why they weren’t mad at us or anything.

“Kain isn’t my son, Andy. He’s your father’s son, but he isn’t mine.”

“Before you go freaking out and saying we lied to you two  your entire lives, let us explain.” Dad said looking at me. I was about to freak out after all.

“I cant have kids.” Dad said, “When I was younger I had an accident that ruined my chances of ever having kids. My first wife was pregnant when I married her. She passed away when Kain was a year old, and a year later I married your mother. She already had you when we got married.”

I looked at my mom.

“Your dad was in the army and died in battle when I found out I was pregnant of you. Josh and I got married a year after you were born. You and Kain grew up as brothers and we never saw it necessary to say other wise. We never saw any difference in either of you to treat you differently. Until I started noticing how Kain looked at you, Andy.”

Dad nodded, “your mom and I talked about it and we were going to tell you when we came back from our second honeymoon. So that is the truth. You two have no blood relation whatsoever, but let me make it clear that just because the same blood doesn’t run through your veins doesn’t mean we love either of you any less.”

Kain and I nodded, then we looked at Trish.

“Trish is your sister no matter how we all ended up into this family. ” Mom smiled.

In that moment I knew that I had the perfect family. It didn’t matter if we weren’t blood related, the fact that Trish and Kain were my siblings didn’t change one bit. I leaned over and kissed Trish’s head and kissed Kain’s cheek. He smiled and did the same.

After our parents explained everything to us in detail, Kain and I went to my room to think about everything. I was sitting between his legs with my back to his chest. My fingers were entwined in his.

“Kain… does this change anything?”

He turned me around and kissed me deeply as he caressed my face, “This changes nothing, Andy. It actually makes things better. We’re not blood related so people wont talk shit about us, and even if they do I don’t care. You’re the one I love and the one I want to be with for the rest of my life.”

I felt the tears runs down my cheeks as I kissed Kain, my brother, my best friend, my lover, gently on the lips.

“I love you, Kain.”

“I love you, Andy.”

He grabbed my hand and entwined his pinky with mine, “Forever.”

“Forever.”

+ + + + + +

So, tell me what you think. This is a short story, but since i didnt know the limit to pages in one chapter, i made it into four parts. lol. Anyways, tell me what you guys thought of the story. I know that in real life its not this simple, but one can only dream. :]

~Shals <3