Judgement: Freedom or Hate?

Itachi's POV

We finally caught her, but after Tsunade-hime-sama looked her over it would seem she only collapsed because of an illness, and with the statistics she could have beaten us with little to no problem if she was in full health. I knew something was wrong with her, but I never realized it was this bad. Now in the hospital all sealed up, she lay under thick blankets gasping for breath and covered in a cold sweat. Sasuke still refused to see her but he needed time, but not too much I hoped. I just wanted to talk to her. To find out why she did what she did I don't believe she did it for the reason she told Sasuke.

''Aniki? your still here with...her?'' he said bitterly. I looked at him from by the door, and nodded. ''as much as you hate her Sasuke, she is still our sister and might be dying she needs us right now.'' sucking his teeth he walked in and looked at her, paling a little I knew he still cared no matter how deep down he had his love for Aomine buried. "I don't know what I feel for her anymore, when I saw her at that inn, I was sure I wanted to kill her, but when she collapsed my heart sank." He stopped and stood by her head.

"Why?" He asked looking at me, his long bangs brushing over his shoulder. Standing next to him I patted his head, "I don't know but when she wakes up maybe we'll find out." He nodded and cautiously sat on the edge of her bed, I smiled and laid a soft hand on his shoulder. Maybe his love for his sister weren't that deep only muddled with his hate for her. Smiling I walked around to the other side of her bed and pulled up a chair and sat down. "Oh you guys are still here?" Looking to the door the 5th Hokage stood there with another doctor and nurse. "Yes, do you need us to leave?" She shook her head "no, I needed to talk to you actually, it's about her." She said nodding towards Aomine. "What about her?" Sasuke snapped clearly annoyed, "it's not good," she started, and my heart dropped, "what? What's wrong is it because she collapsed?" I asked, "it has to do with it but it's not because of it." Standing next to me now she rested a hand on my shoulder, "Itachi, your sister...she's dying."

Sasuke's POV.

What? That's not possible she's too strong to let something kill her even if it's me. "That's impossible, I won't believe it." I growled out, "Sasuke her check ups state she been like this since she was a teenager." I frowned, she's been like this since I was five? I looked at Itachi, "did you know?" He looked up at me "I had an idea, but I could never really confirm it. She was always out or in her room." I looked back to her, she looked like she was in so much pain. I was so confused, I don't know if I hate her, love her or worry about her. Turning away from the bed I left, I couldn't stay in there it made it worse.

Aomine's POV.

My dream was hell, I was reliving all night myself and Madara killed the clan, I had just finished killing my parents when Sasuke ran in, asking me what was going on, and I told him and showed him what had happened, it shattered my heart having to do this to him, leaving him alone when Itachi wasn't home to care for him. Running in the compound I was woken when his kunai cut my forehead protector from my head. Gasping I sat straight up and clutched my chest, agonizing coughs ripped through my chest and coated my mouth with the nasty metallic taste of my own blood. "Aomine!" A familiar voice shouted in worry, opening my eyes I looked at who, and my heart lifted a little, Itachi stood by me rubbing my back and holding one of my hands as I coughed and squeezed his hand. "Lady Tsunade!!" He shouted, seconds later the door to my room blasted open, and the Slug Princess stood there in the door, my old teacher, her face was covered in worry as she ran to the other side of my bed and held a cloth to my mouth as I coughed, as it died down, I was able to breath somewhat better.

"What happened?" She asked, "I don't know, one second she's sleeping and the next she's up and coughing." Itachi explained. "I'm fine, don't worry so much." I lied through clenched teeth. "Stop lying!" Itachi shouted. I looked at my hands, and watched as the shook, my eyes stung with the arrival of tears. "Tell me the truth." He said dangerously low, cringing away, my heart started to ache. "Itachi, she's in no condition to explain anything–" "there's a scroll, in the Hokage's office with the complete details of everything that happened that night." I said cutting Tsunade-sama off. "As one of the only other living people involved other than the elders I was told I was allowed to let anyone I chose to read it." She nodded and left to get it.

"Why would you let me see it?" He asked, "you wanted the truth, so you'll get it, and in return I need two things." He knelt in front of my bed, "for you to show it to Sasuke and to check on Kisame." "I'll do it." I nodded and closed my eyes, the light was getting to be too much for them, "they hurt don't they." Opening them a little I looked over at Itachi. "Yeah, try not to over use yours, Sasuke as well." He nodded and I relaxed a bit. Warm lips on my forehead startled me, blinking in confusion I opened my mouth to ask but my room empty. I chuckled softly and looked out the window enjoying the warm view. At least four hours passed and it was staring to get dark outside.

"Yo." I smiled, "Hello Kakashi."