|three|

"Sometimes the worst place you can be, is in your own head."

If there's one thing I hate, it's pity. People will treat you horrible until they find out some tragic event about your life, and after that they treat you differently.

When people found out about my mom's death I got a crap load of pity. People who bullied me started acting nice to me and people I didn't even know tried to become my friend.

Nobody could look at me the same after that. From there on out I was "that girl who's mom died" ... little did they know I was the reason.

I tried to convince my aunts and uncles to let me stay with them, but they all thought it would be best if I stayed with my father. It's like going to stay with a stranger.

He left us, not the other way around. I swore to myself I'd never try to see him again and here I was, living with him.

This was all I could think about as I walked down stairs to greet him. How many years has it been again? Eleven . Eleven years since he left my mother and I, without an explanation might I add.

If he expects everything to be okay , like nothing ever happened then he's got another thing coming. Because I'm going to make sure he knows exactly what he got up and left eleven years ago. After he see's what he was missing out on... I'll leave. Once I turn eighteen , I'll pack up and leave without an explanation . Just like he did to us.

One might say it's a bitchy thing to do... but everyone knows Karma's a bitch.

As I neared the corner, I put on a blank and emotionless face. I can't let him get to me. My hands began to feel clammy, and were unable to stop shaking. My heart rate increased rapidly, pounding against my chest .

When I finally composed myself , I took a few steps forward , inching my way around the corner. A new but somehow familiar face , came to view. Although I hadn't seen my father in eleven years, I could tell it was him.

We were very similar look wise , I thought as I studied his face whilst approaching him. We both had the same big brown eyes and dark brown hair.

"Serena..." Was all he could say after eleven years.

I just stood there , staring daggers into his head with my eyes . I hated hearing my name come from his mouth , It's a sound I wished to never hear again.

"Yes?" I responded a little bluntly, after snapping out of my seething thoughts about him.

"Um, I'm sorry about your mother." He held his head down low while saying this, as if he missed her too. But I knew that was just bullshit.

"Yeah, me too." I said, not entirely sure what to say to this stranger of a father standing in front of me.

"Well, anyways have you met Josh?" He said, suddenly sounding cheery, as if we weren't just talking about my dead mother moments ago.

"Possibly." I replied, keeping my answers short. I thought back to this morning, Josh must be the boy who walked in my room earlier.

"Well , well , you're up for quite the surprise ." He said , chuckling to himself .

He turned around, towards what I guessed was the living room, "Josh!"