Scene 1

Fade in

JACOB, a 17 year old kid with a long swoopy haircut and slight stubble on his chin. You can tell he can't grow much facial hair yet, but he is proud of the facial hair he has. He wears dark black jeans and a grey collared shirt.

Sitting next to him on the couch watching TV is SUSIE, 16, she has long blond hair, a cute graphic t-shirt, faded blue jeans, and multicolored socks.

The basement is pretty clean, but the TV shows a poor quality image and you can tell by the furniture and decorations that the owners did not have much money to spend on extras. They are watching a violent episode of the TV show: COPS

SUSIE

(Visibly disturbed)

Jacob! Why are watching this again? This show does nothing but scare me.

JACOB

(barely listening to her because he is so engrossed in the show)

Ouch!, in the jugular. (chuckles) That son of a bitch had it coming, beating his wife when she confessed to having cocaine in their dresser drawers.

SUSIE

(covers her eyes and puts her head on his shoulder) (gunshots and violent noises are heard from the television screen) (a few more second pass and Jacob is enjoying the show, letting out cheers)( Susie gives Jacob a dirty look and gets up from the couch)

I'm done with this show, Jacob. Now change the channel.

JACOB

(still doesn't hear her)

What's up?

SUSIE

(stands in front of the television, arms crossed)

Change the goddamn channel or I'm leaving! Jessica wanted to go to the mall with me today, and I didn't tell her no so I could watch garbage like this with you!

JACOB

(unconcerned)

Come on Susie, lighten up girl, it's almost over anyway, just stay with me and watch the next episode and then you can go shopping with Jessica, I don't mind.

SUSIE sits down again next to him, trying to hold in her anger in.

A few more minutes pass.

Susie gets up, grabs the remote and turns the TV off

JACOB

Hey! What was that for?

(Jacob grabs the remote and turns the TV back on.

Susie starts walking to the stairs. Jacob notices and runs to her, taking hold of her hands)

Susie, don't leave, I'm sorry, I'll change the channel now.

SUSIE

(trying to conceal her happiness)

I don't know Jake, Jessica said she would come pick me up in ten minutes if I still wanted to go. Don't you value my opinion, why did you wait so long to change the channel.

JACOB

(stands there, a little embarrassed, realizing he hasn't been listening to her at all)

I'm sorry, look, you can choose what you want to watch now. How bout that?

(Susie jumps back on the couch, grabs the remote and turns on Disney channel)

(The theme song from hannah montana plays and Jacob is still standing by the stairs. Jacob puts his hands to his eyes to cover them up, visibly shaken. Susie is sitting on the couch, singing along.) (Jacob looks at Susie, he looks at the stairs.)

JACOB

(pretending to hear someone talking upstairs)

Uh What mom, what did you say?

(covers mouth and makes his voice higher)

Honey, I need you to do the dishes

(speaks in regular voice)

Oh of course mom, I'll be right up!

(Jacob takes a look at Susie, takes another look at the stairs, winks at the audience and goes upstairs)(Susie still hasn't noticed) (A few seconds pass, she realizes he isn't there, shrugs, keeps singing along)

Fade out