Six - Voices

I sense something tingling against my exposed neck, hot air leaving me shivering against a warm body.
A warm body?

I scrunch my eyebrows together in a frown, confused as to why I'm being held my someone when the last thing I remember is collapsing on the floor, shaking from the freezing cold hardwood floor.

A dull sound rips through the pressing silence surrounding me, reminding me that I'm alive. I need to get up, reach out to this savior of mine, I need to let them know I'm still here.

The strength of the sound increases, little by little, and soon I'm able to decipher words in the mass, telling me to please wake up, please come back, asking me if I can hear what the owner of this unknown voice is saying, or maybe it's shouting, to me. But I need peace, I decide. I try to tell the voice to go away, to just leave me alone and stop bothering me, but for some reason my body won't listen to me. All I get out of it is shaking limbs and a deep voice getting higher, obvious panic lifting it an octave.

Minutes, or maybe merely seconds pass, and I give up on my attempts to utter words from my un-obeying mouth. The voice becomes deep again, soothing, and it's almost like liquid butter is flowing from the stranger's tongue to calm me and put me at ease.

The voice puts a name on itself suddenly, announcing that it goes by Chanyeol. Chanyeol keeps talking, and I muster a quiet sigh that probably sounds more like a moan to Chanyeol, judging from the way he suppresses a chuckle bubbling from his soft chest like blooming flowers in spring. And I miss spring, I realize.

I miss bubbling happiness taking the form of laughter carried by the wind to my ears. I miss my youth, my start, the spring of life itself, that I missed out on. And I think, that maybe, just maybe, I'll receive a second chance at everything he took away from me.

Warm traces of salty tears decorate my cheeks. I cry, and through the tears and my loud sobs I recognize another presence with me. A man speaks, and the voice seems strangely familiar. I'm lifted off the ground, the safe feeling of Chanyeol's body against mine disappearing as as I let out a dissatisfied grunt. The new person just hums in amusement and keeps carrying me further away from Chanyeol.

"Where do you think you're going? "

The voice is coming from behind me, from Chanyeol whom I got taken away from by this new person.

"To my place. How long were you going to let him stay here? He'll die from the cold if I don't wrap him in some blankets soon, " the person says. His voice is very unique, I decide. Soothing, but at the same time a little intimidating.

I hear Chanyeol moving around, and his footsteps signaling him slowly approaching me and the other man.

"What is your name, if I may ask? "

"Sehun. Now, if you would excuse us, I would like to make sure this guy doesn't die by getting out of this hole. "

Sehun. The man from the café, the one I'd called before passing out like the pathetic excuse of a human being I am. I shift in his arms, trying to to lift my hand to signal that I am - partly - awake and fully aware of the two men bickering for whatever reason.

But my attempt to communicate failed when all I got out of it was a violently shaking arm and said two men gradually beginning to panic.

"Listen. He needs a hospital, not your stupid blankets! I'll pay, don't think about that. But please just let me take him to a hospital, they can help him a lot more than you or I can, " Chanyeol states. Who is this person, offering to pay for my hospital fees? My curiosity for this 'Chanyeol' only grows as he reveals more of his gentleness to me.

"I- I have money... I'll pay for everything, " Chanyeol assures Sehun with a somewhat shakiness present under his confident voice.

Why is he even doing this for me? I want to open my eyes and see him, the man offering to save me, to spend so much of his own money, just for me.

Sehun sighs, and I feel his warm breath tickle down my exposed neck, suddenly unable to keep a shiver from creeping up from my spine and enveloping my body in a chilling hug. I feel Sehun moving, and hear light steps behind me, ensuring me that Chanyeol is following close behind. It's strangely calming to feel his strong presence and knowing that it won't leave my side anytime soon.

--------------------

A/N: A little short I know, but I wanted to update as fast as I could and I hate to go down on quality...

BIG QUESTION:

Should Chanyeol have a POV in the next chapter? It'll give me the opportunity to explain his backstory a bit better, but it won't be a problem to do it through Kyungsoo's POV either!

Please give me your opinions!