II~Archery is the Best Policy

Hazel

Us girls were carried to our classes while the Aphro Girls stormed off to their classes. Frank helped me down from the crowd and we both walked to locker room.

We talked, but he was talking most of the time. He kept complimenting me on my sweet singing but other than that, he told me about his life. Apparently his mom died two years ago and his father is never really around, (like me!!!😍) so he stays, or stayed with his grandma in a house in Portland. He now lives here in a mansion his grandma had saved for his mother. Now he inherited the mansion. He stays there with Percy, Leo and Jason.

Most of the time I was listening, but I was too busy looking at his face. So babyish, so Chinese, so Canadian. Don't even get me started on his eyes. They were like chocolate fudge melting in an oven. They were beautiful. His hair was like his favorite sport, archery. It was shaped like an arrow.

I've always wanted to try archery at AA, but I was too small and underweight to compete.

Now that we are friends —Frank says we are— I want to ask him to teach me. But I'll wait till later.

We part ways and all I hear is Mr. Mercury (Spoiler Alert!!!) screaming at me when I open the door. It sounded something like this:

"LEVESQUE! WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN? P.E. STARTED 20 MINUTES AGO!"

Drew, who sadly was in my P.E. class smirked at me. "She was with Frank."

My face turned rose red and I stumbled away, still hearing Mr. Mercury  say," Levesque skipped P.E. for a bf. The world has gone mad."
----------------------------------------------------

I changed into my gym clothes and headed outside. I found out that we were going to take a lesson on archery.

I saw Leo and Frank standing on the archery field with some other team members, waving at me. I waved back. Behind me, Drew and some of her "followers" smirking, giggling, and pointing at me, also know as S.G.P.

I ignored them and Mr.Mars let us go and choose partners.

I was walking over to Leo when Drew, being the she-devil she is, ran towards and asked him to be her partner. She put her hands on one of Leo's shoulder an put one foot up in the air. Leo's face looked at me with regret. He signaled me with his eyes. Sorry.

Lucky for me, I saw Frank open by himself, shooting arrows that would perfectly hit the red spot. Perfect, just like he is, I thought.

I walked over to him and smiled. He said, "Hi,"

I repeated what he said.
"So...."
"So...."
" Let me teach you how to use a bow and arrow."

I already knew how to prep a bow and arrow, I just didn't know how to aim.

Frank stood beside of me and put his fingers barely touching mine. Even though they were a centimeter away, I could feel their warmth. He backed away slowly and let me shoot for the first time.

I closed one my eyes and aimed. Suddenly when I let go, Drew yelled, " LOSER!" and the arrow lit on fire. It was Leo's prized arrow. It flew up and down and grazed Mr.Mars's hair.

The girls and the archery team hollered. People were rolling on the grass, clutching their sides.

However Mr. Mars is not look amused. You could still see the tips of his hair — which was now black— steaming and burning. It looked like a weird clash with his brown hair.

"WHO DID THIS?" he stared at us.

Everyone stood up and stopped laughing.

"I said, WHO DID THIS?!"

I was about to raise my hand when Frank and Leo did.

The girls and the archery team looked confused, but the boys improvised.

"I was the one who shot the arrow," Frank muttered, looking down at the floor.

Leo did the same. "And I lit the arrow on fire. Sorry 'bout the hair, Mr. Mars. But look on the bright side, your barber won't have to cut that ugly haircut of yours."

The group and I snickered. Mr. Mars turned beet red and started steaming like a teapot. "VALDEZ!"

"Ok, ok. Sorry."

"I am very disappointed in you both. Bench warming duty for the 1st game of the season." And with that, P.E. was over.

Frank and Leo walked back with me to the school. " Sorry about getting you guys bench warming duty," I murmured.

"It's ok," Leo replied.
"That's what friends are for," Frank answered.

"Well, I got to go. See you later, Leo. See you after school, Frank." I said. And with that, I walked into the girl's locker room, took a dirty, but nice shower and headed to my last two classes: Latin and Science.