Chapter One

"I'm sorry." I say, eyelids squished together as a stray tear escapes from them. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean too! It was-"
"It was an accident? Was it Ingrid? Was it really?" He screamed loudly into my broken face.
"Yes! I never meant to hurt anyone! It's hard to control it!" My knees started to wobble as I violently shake.
A loud smacking sound echoes through the air as a stinging pain ripples through my right cheek. I slowly raise a trembling hand to it.
Caleb's stone cold face is staring down into my intimidated one. "Well learn to control it! Ingrid, you can't let this happen again." He shuffles over to the shattered glass. The mirror still rocks from side to side.
I bend over and pick up a jagged piece and see the reflection. A petrified girl looks back at me. Her black hair pulled back into a crappy ponytail, letting a few strands hang down in her face, covering the hot tears. Her pretty deep eyes a blue colour, with gold and what appears to be red flakes being threatened to be washed away by the tears, welling up. Her lips are so dry they bleed and a bright red hand print can be visibly seen on her such soft, pale skin.
   "Now look at this. It's a mess. You can't even paint a freaking picture without loosing it." Caleb looks back at me and I quickly hide the piece of glass. "You're so damn skittish," he says, extending one of his tough and beaten hands towards my hair.
Pull away. He doesn't deserve to touch you. You don't need this.
   I shake my head and take a few steps back as hot tears rush down my cheeks. "Stop. Please just stop. I can't." I repeat over and over again, not knowing what else to say.
   His face drops then relightens with anger. "Ingrid. Ingrid don't you dare walk away from me. I am your boyfriend for god's sake! You will respect me! You will do what I say! Now. Clean this up." He spits the last sentence out at me and I try so very hard not to topple over timidly.
   "N-No you're not! I told you for the last time!" All he has to do is take a simple step forward for me to corporate. "Yes, yes. I will. I promise. It'll be cleaned up as soon as p-possi-" I jump in terror as he raises a fist and me.
   "Stop talking and clean!" His fist comes raging down at me but stops in mid air as my back bed legs break, smashing the queen to the ground.
   My hands fly up to my shocked face in horror as I sink down onto the ground. My body trembles as all the doors swing open and close forcefully. Closing my eyes so tight it hurts, I plug my ears, not noticing I'm screaming.
Oh my god. Ingrid, calm down. Calm down! You're going to hurt someone!
   I take a hollowed breath and breathe it out slowly. Then another. Once more. I peak open one eye and see the doors and furniture are slowly growing silent. Some of the drawings that were hung upon my walls flutter down to the ground ever so gently.
   My closet door finally creaks to a stop and I can just see some of my clothes on the ground. The crack in the corner of the far wall is much greater than the last I remember.
   My dresser drawers are all open. One in particular laying upside down on the hard wood floor, with my underwear flowing out from underneath, has cut up and scrapped boxed walls.
   I slowly stand from my crouching position, taking in what I see. The damage I've done. My bottom lip trembles as I know Caleb is not impressed.
   I stand in silence as I get scolded, hit, slapped and bad names called at me. I spend the rest of my afternoon cleaning up my mess and realizing what I've done.

                                  * * *