Chapter 6 - Faye Lenards

"Faye, I'm heading out. Want me to drop you off at Oliver's house?"

"Yeah."

I grabbed my phone and shoulder bag. I picked up Hannah and brought her along as well. I followed my mom down the stairs and outside to where her car was parked. We both got in and she drove.

"Where's dad?"

"He had a meeting this morning."

"It's Saturday." I turned to look at her.

"It was a quick meeting. He should be back before noon."

I looked at my phone. It was barely eleven in the morning.

Soon after, we arrived at Oliver's house. I got my things and got down from the car.

"See you later."

"Bye, mom." I closed the door.

She pulled out of the driveway and went on her way.

I walked up to the front door and rang the door bell.

Standing before me was my aunt. She wore black pants and a purple blouse. Her strawberry blonde hair was tied up in a pony tail.

"Hi, Faye." She stepped to the side, so I could walk in.

"Hey, aunt Irene." I gave her a hug.

"Is Oly awake yet?"

She closed the door after me. "No. You should go upstairs and wake him him up. I don't care if you have to get a bucket of cold water. I know he went to sleep around two in the morning playing video games." She shook her head and walked away.

I walked up the stairs to Oliver's room and opened the door. He was still asleep on his bed. He was sleeping on his stomach. His arms were under his face. His blonde hair was tousled.

I walked over to the bed and jumped onto his back.

He groaned. "Faye, get off."

"How'd you know it was me."

"Who else jumps on me to wake me up?" he mumbled.

"So get up."

"I would, if you would get off me."

I did just that.

"Come on, Oliver." I tore the blankets away from him.

He slowly got up. He rubbed his eyes and his face. His face said it all. He was annoyed, but I didn't care.

I heard him mumble a few incoherent words. He grabbed a few clothes from his closet and walked into his bathroom.

I put the blanket back on his bed, but not before folding it. I sat on the edge of the bed, fiddling with my phone in my hands. My phone vibrated. I received a notification. I turned my phone screen on. It was a text message from Paxton.

Paxton: hey

Faye: Lenox

I smiled. I knew he didn't like it when I referred to him by his last name.

Paxton: so Ms. Faye Lenards what are you up to?

Faye: Hanging with my cousin. You?

Paxton: just chilling here at home by myself

"Who are you texting?" Oly walked out of the bathroom, dressed in jeans and a gray and black striped shirt.

I just shrugged my shoulders and put my phone away into my bag. He didn't push on the subject. Instead, he walked over to the closet and grabbed his black vans. He sat on the edge next to me and quickly put them on.