Home

Milah exhales as he stands in front of his family's house, his lower lip between his teeth as he stood, he was dreading his visit here.

He could hear the sounds of Anai's children as they ran around, and the sound of his sister reprimanding them loudly.

Sighing he knocked on the door with his heart beating loudly in his chest, he heard the running legs of the children as they ran to the door.

The door opened widely and he saw the faces of his niece and nephews, "Uncle Milah!" they chorused running to hug him, smiling brightly at them he bent over to their height to hug them.

Hugging their little bodies to him Milah carried the youngest of them Amon and entered the house with the other children walking beside him, their hands holding onto his dress tightly.

He was sure his sister was aware of his presence, turning in the direction of the hall Milah dropped Amon carefully on the ground before calling out "Is anyone home?".

"Obviously, someone's home you oaf" he heard his sister say behind him, she was in the kitchen.

Grinning brightly, he rushed to hug her, "Good afternoon, Anai" he greeted hugging her closely, feeling less nervous.

She had been avoiding hugging him and he noticed that she had a dark stain of what looked like charcoal on her hands, chuckling when he also noticed the glare directed at her children.

"You're home early" Anai commented as she cleaned her hands on a kitchen clothe Kalid her second son, brought for her with watery eyes, he probably knew the type of trouble he was in.

"I had something to talk about" he replied trailing off as he looked around, avoiding her inquiring eyes.

"Is it serious?" she asked, her voice full of concern.

"It depends on how you see it" Milah responded with a tense smile.

----

"Where is grandma?" he asked as he played with Al, with her long black hair and her little nose, she almost reminded Milah of himself.

"She's asleep, I think she'll wake up soon though" Anai replied taking a sip of water from her cup, Milah nodded as he opened his hands for Al, who giggled at his 'magic trick'.

"Have you reconsidered Thabit's proposal?" she asked with her voice seemingly worried, nodding his head as he watched Al walk away to play with her siblings.

"I will not be marrying Thabit, Khal returned" he says with a small smile on his face.

Squealing loudly Anai rushed to hug him tightly, "Milah, that's so great!" her eyes shining with excitement as she continued to exclaim "Oh my Ra, I'm so happy for you!".

"I noticed" he murmured as he pried her off him with a low chuckle, her eyes were wide as she asked "How handsome is he?!" her voice veering to a scream.

"He is beautiful!" Milah replied choosing to humor her as she moved closer to him with her hands squeezed in a fist and close to her chest.

"Oh Milah!, and his eyes?!" she asked with a little scream.

Pushing to the side a little before he replied, to avoid losing an eyeball Milah relayed "Are like the most expensive gold pieces in the world" with a dreamy smile on his face.

"Horus is great!" she yelled throwing her hands in the air as she exclaims.

"What is the cause of this commotion?!" a strict voice asked behind them, standing up quickly Milah greeted his grandmother "Good afternoon, grandma" with his eyes avoiding hers.