Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

"Have more than you show. And speak less than you know."
William Shakespeare

Upon arriving, I was greeting my an Agent Maria Hill. I ignored what her basic ass was saying but I have to say... she's... pretty...
Pretty cool.. pretty cool

I crossed my arms and looked around. God, this place was huge and I was trapped here.
I felt so uncomfortable. I didn't know these people.
The only one that I was kind of aquatinted to was Natasha. Maybe also Steve but that was mostly me talking in Russian so it doesn't count.

Maria told me about the Avengers and the program around it.
Shocked they told me things but I guess they considered me more than just someone they captured.
She told me their names:
(I already knew Steve, Natasha, Stark and Thor's names)
Clint Barton (the hurt man who knew some Russian)
Bruce Banner (The Hulk).
It was nice to know the people I was stuck with.

Maria had to leave which left me with Natasha... again.
Not that I had enough of her already but I've already talk to her today.

"Tired of me already?"

Clearly, my distant for being left with her must have been evident.
"Maybe." I whisper under my breath.

I don't mean to be rude. I'm not exactly trying to be. But these people... they took me.
Yes, it's better than being in that HYDRA base but... it's almost another way of kidnapping.
I thought they were going to kill me on the ship based on how Strucker described them.
People who only look out for themselves and occasionally make sure the people are okay.

This isn't home. That base wasn't home.
I haven't had a home since Stark destroyed my city.

"You know we're not going to hurt you."

"How can I be so sure?"

"We're the good guys." She replied.

"Good and bad fluctuate very easily. One person can see good one way and another sees it as evil."

"I don't plan on hurting you. I told you that before."

"You're a spy." I told her, "spies lie all the time."

"I promise you, I'm being sincere." She stuck out her hand, "We can shake on it. I'll protect you here. You don't have to like me but I will stick up for you. Deal?"

I thought about it. Seemed reasonable. I nodded and shook her hand back.

"Good, now we can give you a room."

"A room? Don't you mean.. a cell?"

She shook her head, "no. You get a room."

I paused in my tracks. A room? Like a real room room? They still have extra rooms here? I don't have to go back to a cell?
I thought I was a prisoner?
Prisoners stay in cells...
"But... I'm a prisoner."