Chapter 3

I stand up, groggily walking over to the door. I turn the handle, letting the door open.

"Hello, I don't-" I start before I look up to see who it is.

He stands there in the pouring rain.

"I'm so sorry," he mumbles as a raindrop slides off of his nose. My frown soon turns into a smile.

"Why?" I ask, testing him.

"I lost track of time."

"I know," I reply. He notices my smile. He drops his sad face. "Come in."

He obliges before trailing inside my house. He immediately kicks off his converse before sitting down on my couch. "How long has it been?" He asks.

"A year," I smile but he doesn't say anything.

"A year... Nice house. Very classy. Well, casual-modern. Well, it all depends on perspective. It looks very techy," he spits out.

"Thanks, I try. I actually based it off of a more modern look of my TARDIS."

"You still have your TARDIS?" He asks.

"Yeah, the last place I went was the Cold War. But I went there fifteen years ago. I don't do much traveling anymore," I mutter.

"Do you want to change that?"

"What?"

"Do you want to travel with me?" He questions.

"I- um..."

"You promised a month. It's been over a year," He beams.

"It has," I agree. "I don't know."

"We could go anywhere. See anything," he starts.

"Is that what you say to all of the girls?"

"What?"

"Where'd Donna go?"

"She had to leave," he whispers.

"Alright, I just didn't want to intrude," I mutter. We sit in silence for a while before I speak again. "Did you find... Anyone after me?" I ask.

"If you mean, 'did I love anyone else'? Just one," he mumbles with a distant look on his face. A small smile appears on my face. I'm happy for him. I'm happy he found someone else after me. I'm glad he was able to move on, no matter how long it took. I left him. He should have the ability to love somebody else, whether I'm there or not. I'm glad that he had company over the many, many years we were apart. He had moved on and so had I.

"Good, thank you," I smile. His face drops.

"Thank you? Did you-"

"Stop it... I left you, so I'm glad you found someone else," I start. "I didn't want you to be alone."

"What did you expect when you left?" He tries saying. "You had to leave."

"I had to leave without you? No, I didn't. That was my choice. I'm sorry," I argure. "Fine, one trip. Just one. Okay?" I say after a while. He smiles.

This is going to be great, I think sarcasticallly.

***

"Where to?" He asks.

"Honestly? I don't know... It's been a while."

"Set the controls to random. Mystery tour. Outside that door could be any planet, anywhere, anywhen in the whole wide.... Are you all right?" He questions.