XXV

Could I be anymore stupid. How could you Chris? How could you let him come in and play with your feelings? Like damn! You know what... Whatever I already have bigger problems as is. Ma needed me more than anything right now. She was really destroyed the only man she fought for and love was dead and gone. We already made plans to burry pops next Saturday that way we can give the family time to fly in and everything.

Boy did we have a big family. People was coming out the wood works. Everywhere both our house and grandmas were pack with family. To added insult to injury Tyrese was there too. I guess pops was more like a father to him just as much as us. But still I wasn't feeling him being around still after the other day. He and Anton talked about the thing with that bottomless Kivon. Hate that bitch. Glade he hasn't been around in the last two days or even called. I guess he figured it was best he didn't. Bitch gonna throw me under the bus to protect his image.

Tye still trying to talk to me but I just steer clear of him. With my family being around its was a plus it kept him at bay. But not my mama. Even tho the family was in town she wouldn't come out the room. Grandma tried Anton Shamya everybody. But she will not leave the bed where dad laid. Every now and then we will just open the door and just check up on her. She would just be laying in the same spot. Laying in his robe wearing his slippers. In the exact same spot he laid in. It was sad to see her miserable like that. I would feel myself beginning to develop tears just watching her lay there.

"Ma you got to get up. Everybody starting to worry."

She didn't respond. She just laid there staring out the window into the backyard.

"Ma please get up."

I was starting to form tears in my eyes. She was like the living dead. Wasn't moving and she wouldn't speak. Figuring I should just leave her be I turned and walked out the room shutting the door behind me. Walking up the hall everyone was just sitting around mingling and reminiscing about how my pops use to be. The fast cars good jobs and how he loved mama.

"Chris...baby how she doing?"

My grandma called to me asking about my mother. I knew she was worried about her. Pretty much everyone was and still mourning over the fact that pops gone.

"She doing fine grandma. Just still laying right there in the same spot unfortunately."

"Oh my lord. I wish I had the strength to go and pull her out of there. She just can't waste her life away. This is tragic, but we will as a family get through this. You hear me?!"

"Yes ma'am that's why I'm trying to stay strong for everybody."

"And you are baby. Well I guess we'll try it again a little later. Do me a favor baby go and check on Ant for me. That boy is hurting just as bad as your mother."

"Yes ma'am."

I was not about to go check on him. He was another face at this moment I rather avoid seeing. I was still mad at him with him blowing up on me and taunting me about who I am and all this time you been ass tapping in the hall bathroom. I will leave him to his girlfriend best friend and closet lover.

"OK I need to breathe."

I said to myself. So I stepped outside and sat on the porch steps. Hanging my head down I sighed and stared at the ground. Why I always have to be the one to put on the pants and lead. This was just a lot on my plate. Why can't I just press's rewind and redo these past two months over. Go back to being to quiet shy and scared me. Ever since I started dealing with Tye he brought out a whole new me. I like it but its hectic. Pondering in my thought I was getting a called. Checking my phone it was Shayvez calling, figuring he just wanted to check up on me.

"Hello."

"Wassup with it bruh?! Ain't seen you in a couple of days. I know you ain't forgot about me?"

"Vez whatever I go to school with you how can I forget you."

"Shit happens"

"You so extra...but nah just got a lot of fam in town and been busy with this funeral for my pops."

"Oh Ight true aye again I'm sorry for your lost for real. Wish I could be there to give you a hug and hold you tight."

"Yea...that would be nice right now, I could use a hug. Maybe After the funeral I'll come by your house and chill with you. I could use a friend."

"Ight that's a bet. Because real talk I like hugging on that lil ass."

"Anyway, whatever nigga."

I said chuckling at his statement. I know besides his sexual antics he mean well just wanting to put a smile on my face and it was working.

"I'm dead ass...what you need to do is gon and let a nigga hit it one time."

"Yea...I'm not ready for all that yet."

"What you mean. So you just like making a nigga wait. Bruh I'll have mad blue balls fucking with you."

"I'm pretty sure you got some lotion. Do what you need to do."

"So it's like... Ight bet got you."

"I believe ya but anyway I'm about to go got to check on my mother so text me or whatever."

"Ight"

That little talk with shay was a little helpful. Made me smile but in all honesty, I'm not really fucking with him like that. Truth be told I still want Tyrese I just want him to hurt like I was. Shayvez I'm not interested in him. I mean not to be funny but why would I want to fuck with my high school bully. Like no I mean that moment in the locker room. Yea...nigga and you just expect me to be cool with you and date you I'll pass on that. But then again...sex won't hurt right?!

"box-sizing:xs