Thirty

2 months Later...

Reagan's POV

I'm sitting in the game room studying while rocking Jasper and Adam to sleep. I know I probably picked the worst place to study and put two newborns to sleep but I was comfortable. And I'm too lazy to travel up the stairs. I'm freaking out because I'm not graduating with
my class. I could be graduating earlier than them or later. I prefer earlier. I would ask Orion for help but he's but he's at an interview. I only have one more class to do for junior year and that's math but I suck at math. So I won't be graduating early. I groan out of frustration and Jasper twitches in his sleep and it scares me because he was asleep and I ruined it. He turns his tiny little head and lets out the cutest small sigh. I smile as the game room door slams open and the boys instantly wake up and scream at the top of their lungs. It's their dad. I roll my eyes while Orion looks so happy.

" Get one of your sons. You woke them up." I snap.

" I'm so sorry babe." Orion says.

He picks up Jasper and bounces him.

" I registered to go to the army." Orion says.

I just blink my eyes in frustration.

" The army?" I say with my voice quavering.

" Babe-" Orion says.

" Don't babe me. You're leaving me with two boys and they're their kids!" I say.

" Babe please we need extra money. Plus my mom said this or college."  Orion says.

" And you couldn't choose college?! You know what? Just go. I don't even care. I got it." I say flatly.

" Are you sure?" Orion asks.

" Yep. Still got Talia to count on." I snap.

" I'll miss you so much. And the boys." Orion says.

I look at him in disgust and start crying. Orion hugs me. I wiggle out of his arms.

" I have to leave tomorrow." Orion says.

I try not to cry after hearing that. I just shake my head and sit down to continue studying. I wipe my tears.

" I have to graduate." I say.

He just looks at me.

" Aren't you going to go pack?" I snap.

" I love you so much Reagan and if you ever miss me, look at our beautiful boys and your engagement ring." Orion says.

I look at the ring then take it off. I hold it out for him to take back.

" What are you doing?" Orion asks.

" I don't want to marry you. I'm sorry. You're going out to fight war and might not come back and you're just like look at your engagement ring. Well what if my fiancé dies?" I cry.

I clear my throat. He grabs the ring and I wish he would have fought it but he didn't. I can't even look him in the eye. I stare down at my papers.

" I'm 17 years old. I'm still a kid. I have to graduate. Besides what do I know about love anyway?" I snap.

I regret the words as they come out of my mouth. Orion just walks out of the room. I look at Jasper and Adam and cry.

" I guess it's just us and Talia from now on." I sigh.