Carnival Fun

I woke up on on Sunday feeling refreshed. I look at my sunlit room. Man, this room won't get old for a while. I get up out of bed and brush my teeth and head downstairs. Dad was already making breakfast and mom was upstairs, still in bed probably. I had no idea what Nic was doing but I'd see him once the smell got to his room.

"How was the party last night? I heard things got... Messy." My dad said waggling his eyebrows at me.

"Hardy har har dad. And besides the wild hooligan spraying ketchup everywhere, it was actually pretty fun.

"Met anyone? A guy in particular?" he says, placing my breakfast and my apple juice in front of me. Oh yes. Apple juice. Apple juice compared to other juices is like Geo compared to other guys. Yes. I said it. I'm very infatuated with his looks. Papi af.

"You couldn't wait to gossip, didn't you?" I say, smiling at dad. "Well if you must know. I did meet someone cute." I say matter of factly.

"Ooh do tell. And quick before Nic gets downstairs."

"Welllllll his name is Geo and we have Chemistry class together --ironic I know-- and we were talking at the party yesterday. He's so hot. But I'm not going to mess around with him though, I think he has a girlfriend." I sat, basically summing up my entire knowledge of Geo from school till now.

"Make sure you don't forget what the most important thing is at school Cass"

"Yes yes I won't forget books are the best boyfriend ever."

"That's my girl." He says. "How's the breakfast?"

"You know it's amazing why are you even asking" I responded, already shoving food down my throat.

Just then mom comes downstairs, followed by Nic.

"Good morning" they say in unison"

"Morning"  I say.

"Good morning" dad says, resting their plates in front of them.

"What did we miss?" Nic asks.

"Oh nothing" I respond.

After eating breakfast I take my plate to the sink. I thanked dad for the breakfast and went upstairs.

I unlock my phone and see some text messages. I reply to them quickly before I forget. I got a notification from Snapchat saying that I had a message. I had two messages; one from Jared, and one from Geo. Geo texted me! I can't help but smile. I open Jared's message, saving the best for last. Yeah there, I admitted it, I'm attracted to Geo. Even though we haven't been at school for a full week, I might have a slight crush on him. Oh crap, but he has a girlfriend.. I need to stop. I push my stupid feelings out of my head and get back to the messages.

Jared 💪🏼🏀 : Hey Cass, sorry that you got all sprayed by that guy.. He wasn't invited and I guess someone let him in or he snuck in or something like that.. Are you okay?

Me: yeah, it's not really a big deal, it's not like you staged it or anything.. Next time just use invitations and have people vouch for their plus one or something like that.. It's more work but it makes it easier to know who is and isn't at your party. See you at school tomorrow.

I open Geo's text next.

Geo 😏: Hey, did you make it home alright?

Me: Yeahh, I got home and my parents laughed at me 😭 what happened after I left the party?

The little smiley emoji popped up in the bottom, signaling that he was in the chat.