Friend or Enemy?

Friend or Enemy?

“You seem tired? Are you alright?” The beautiful princess asked Lyra who was making her hair.

“No I’m  fine its just...” She trailed off worry showing in her eyes.

“Its your landlady isn’t she?” She clasped her hands and stopped her. “I know its her you can tell me Lyra, I’m your friend remember.” She turned back from the mirror looking at Lyra who was avoiding her stare.

“No princess you do not need to worry everything's fine.” She answered her and give her a forced smile, she felt awful for lying to her she was gentle and friendly  to her. For no other master’s are kind to their servants.

“Fine if you don’t want to tell me I won’t force you but you can come to me anytime you want.” She gave Lyra a compassionate smile and released her hands gently.

“I will  my lady.” She returned her smile. Lyra had always admired Princess Cadence. Her life was not easy but still she managed to smile, she had scarified too much for her kingdom.

“Its done.” She said putting a last pin in her brown hair fixing her braid.

“Thank you Lyra.” She smiled and get up to look at herself in the mirror.

“If you need anything call me I will attend my other chores.” With that Lyra curtsied and left her room.

After finishing her chores at the palace she quickly left without waiting for another second. She felt so angry she hated her life and she hated working for her landlady she hated working in the castle not that she hated Princess Cadence, but working here until she find a suitable man for herself was not her destiny she knew it. She wanted to do something big she wanted to hunt, fight and...  She calmed herself, any of this was not her destiny but her desires. You could not escape this life and she had to remember that.

“Wow!” She was too busy in her thoughts she didn’t notice she was in the middle of the street and that someone had just said ‘Wow’ behind her.

She suddenly looked back and to her dismay it was  the same boy from the forest.

“Forest girl!” He grinned. “It must be destiny meeting you  twice in less than a day.

She stared at him annoyingly. “Did you just called me forest girl?” She snapped.

“Yeah what else should I call you.” He paused . “You are more prettier than I thought now that you are not covered in blood and all.”

With his comment she felt a flush spread up her cheeks and she remembered how he had touched her yesterday.

“You can call me Lyra and find someone else to bother.” She shot him a glare and walked right past him.

“Wait Lyra?” He spoke so loudly it felt like he yelled.

Lyra stopped, looking at him in disbelief. “Yes Lyra!”

The boy rushed to her side and grabbed her hand. “Lyra the daughter of the blacksmith?” He questioned again. She was getting uncomfortable in his grip so he decided to released her hand.

“Yes!” She snapped now very angry at him.”But how do you know that?” She could see realization dawn on him, like two pieces of a puzzle snapping together.  

“I can’t believe it, I’ve been looking for you ever since I arrived here.”

“Do I know you?”  She seemed confused like forgetting something very important.

“You don’t remember me do you?” Disappointment clear in his tone. “I’m Will  the boy who stole your ring when we were small, my only friend.” He chuckled at the memory.