Chapter 3: Her Butler, In a new Contract.

It's huge eye's were shining like stars, just as the water was glimmering, with the moon above it. His magnificent tail was beginning to swish, causing the water to ripple around us. It was like time had almost frozen- I wasn't sinking anymore; and I could breathe. The bleeding and the pain in my neck had suddenly become bearable. It was almost as if this Fox himself had soothed it. But I could still feel myself getting weaker- and my vision was fading. My pain had eased, but I was still dying. I guess nothing would stop that. It was then that the pain suddenly rushed back all at once- in my chest. A white light had formed, and strange looking recording tape began to flow from it. There were pictures moving on them too... They confused me as I saw myself. The past. My parents. Even my sister. All memories. "What.. What is this...?" I winced, trying to block out the pain. The Fox almost looked happy that I spoke. "That.." He began to speak himself, his voice echoed as if we were in a cave. "Is your Cinematic Record." He slowly stepped towards me, paw after paw, and then lay down right next to me, giving me the chance to get a proper look as I forced my eyes open slighty. He really was huge. "Cine..Matic Record..?" I managed to push out with some effort. He lifted his proud head up, gazing intently at the water's suface, as if he was staring at something I couldn't see.

"Do you know of the situation that you are in...?" He questioned purposefully, still staring at the water's surface. Could he see the people that killed mother and chased me here? Were they still there? I didn't answer. "You will soon die." He became serious as he turned his head back to face me. "They were Grim Reapers. Which would explain the Cinematic Records." He continued, re-newing his position so sitting up straight. "The Cinematic Record's are your past- Your memories. All that has ever happened to you. They tell the story of your life. I don't know why the Reapers were after you, but it must have been for a good reason. They travel to the Human world in order reap the souls of those who are destined to die that day. However, this does not seem to be your case.." He looked back up to the surface of the water, thinking. As I tried to take all of this in, all of the eased pain came rushing back. It had become unbearable again. I felt blood rushing down from my neck to my back. That was right, my pain was eased. I couldn't feel at the time how much blood I was losing. My head was pounding. My father used to read me stories as a little girl about Angels, Demons and Reapers. And now... I've come face to face with what are supposed to be fairy tales and all myth. Surely... This couldn't be possible. I always asked my father to read to me over and over again... The story about Demons.

They were able to take on animal form or human form... Could this Fox... Was this Fox a Demon? I plucked up the courage to ask. "Who.. Who are you?" I spoke. My throat was now dry, and I was wincing again. The Fox looked back at me. And I swear, he smiled. "I," He began. "Am a Demon. Please... Allow me to help you." He stood again, and lowered his head to my height, looking me in the face. "What is your wish?" He asked. I knew I  desperately needed help. I thought hard about his question, but the answer to me was clear. My mother had told me never to look back. "My wish... I want to know my my parents were killed. My father's death wasn't normal, nothing was wrong with him. I want to know why these Reapers came to hunt me down tonight. What my meaning is in this world. I want to make whoever destroyed my family feel the same amount of pain that we've had to suffer." I ignored my pain, and I spoke seriously, with meaning. "And your sure that you wish to trade me your soul in return, after we have fulfilled your goals?" He looked at me intently, waiting for the answer. I didn't hesitate to answer. "I do." I tried to smile. The Fox lifted his head, beginning to show a few fangs with a smile. "Well then, it sounds like we have a lot of work to do miss," He spoke, raising his ears. "And now, the Contract's seal. This may hurt a little, please try to ignore it." There was a flash of black light. 

--------------- ABOVE THE RIVER, ON THE GROUND--------------

"ARRRGGHHHHH!!" The black haired man yelled. "WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON!? The Cinematic Record's are going mental!" He shouted, waving his weapon aroun trying to tame them. The red-haired girl joined in with him, lashing her long silver Katana around, trying to hit them. "Matt! Please calm down! This isn't solving anything.." She sheathed her Katana and placed her hands on the now panting Matt's shoulder's. "Sorry Morgan.." He replied glumly. "But what's going on with those Cinematic Record's? The memories are fuzzy and beginning to cut out, and they're flying all over the place from the River! Surely she's dead by now..." He continued, putting his weapon away, and kneeling down to face the water's edge. Morgan sat next to him, and they both began to seach the water for clues. There was no sign of the Record's attacking the Reapers as they're supposed to, they were just merely flying in circles around the entrance to where the body had fallen in the water. "Wait..." Morgan started curiously. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?!" Matt finished. A huge blast of black and purple light had begun to overwhelm the entire bottom of the river, and began to suck the Cinematic Record's back into it, shocking both Matt and Morgan.

They'd never seen anything like this happen, in all the years had had been working as Reapers. It was then that Matt and Morgan looked behind them to see that the girl's Horse and Demon-Hound had re-appeared, and they looked to be almost in waiting for the next scene. Then it happened. A huge supernatural looking Fox leapt out from the water, almost creating a tidal wave and landing directly behind the two Reapers and right in front of the Horse and the Hound. They were astounded as they noticed the girl being carried on the back of the Fox, but even more-so when the Fox took on Human form, and gave them both a short smile, before placing the girl on the back of the Horse and walking them all out of the forest, almost as if nothing had even happened. Matt let out a small growl as it became clearly visible that Morgan was now worried. "What do we do now...?" Morgan was beginning to panic. "Were going to have to go back and tell them...." Matt replied, showing that he himself was now beginning to worry about the future consequences. They both knew straightaway what that man was, and the problems this would cause for them and their fellow Reapers. 

~~~~~~~~~ PRESENT, 1903 ~~~~~~~~~

I can't remember anything else after that... I began to gaze out of the window again. The sky had now become black, filled with stars, just like that night. Tobi walked up to me slowly from behind and started gazing out of the window with me. "You went quiet for a long while Miss... I don't suppose you were reminiscing now were you?" He looked at me and smiled, just as I turned to face him. He opened the window slightly, letting in some cool, fresh breeze from outside. "Yes.. I was. That seal that now lies on the back of my neck over the scars... Means a great deal to me.. After all, without you... I wouldn't be able to fulfill what I wish to accomplish. You do, and always will have my gratitude." I sipped the last mouthful of my tea whilst standing up, and walked back over to my desk after placing my hand on Tobi's shoulder and smiling. "That was two years ago now.. How time flies..." He sighed. "Speaking of reminiscing however my Lady... A curious and long awaited letter had arrived for you in the mail earlier." He bowed down to me and rose, before placing the letter softly on the table and looking up at me. "It's from Roger."