Slides

"'Get a summer job at Chuck E. Cheese,' they said. 'It'll be fun,' they said."

Gerard Way mumbled to himself as he made his way across the restaurant. This was how he was going to spend his summer before college. Working at "Chuck E. Cheese's". He always had issues, but from the second that group walked in the door, he knew there would be trouble. It had consisted of two young men, a teenage girl, and a young girl who looked to be in elementary school. He knew this was going to be hell when they walked in and he knew that hell had begun when one of the members of the tag team came over saying 'Hey, there's a chick stuck in the tunnel slide' and walked away laughing. It was the scrawny one that looked like a crack-addict who said it, which just proved that it wasn't good. And now, Gerard Way was tromping through the main room towards the play structure to see what was the matter. He mentally facepalmed as he heard the curses and yells from the slide. Crack-addict stood next to beared-biker-dude as the two laughed, and the small child looked slightly alarmed and scared. Which meant that the teenage Winona Ryder knock-off was stuck inside the slide.

"GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!"
"Miss," Gerard sighed, knowing this was going to be a long night, "Please, calm down. That language is not appropriate in a children-oriented restaurant."
"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE? OH, WAIT, YOU CAN'T SEE ME BECAUSE I'M STUCK INSIDE A FUCKING CHILDREN'S SLIDE."
"Miss, just let me call my manager. He will handle this."
"I DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR YOU FUCKING MANAGER, I WANT FREEDOM."
"Miss, please. Let me figure this out. My handbook has nothing on this."
"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR HANDBOOK."
"Give me time to thing, alright? This has never happened before."
"WELL, THERE'S ALWAYS A FIRST FOR FUCKING EVERYTHING."

Gerard sighed, putting his face in his hands and quietly screaming. Why did this always happen to him?

"If this behaviour continues, after you're removed from the slide, I will have to remove you from the premises."
"FINE, I DIDN'T WANT TO COME TO THIS SHITHOLE ANYWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE."

Gerard cringed while a kid climbed up on the play structure. He looked down the tunnel, then to an adult sitting in a booth.

"Daaaad, there's a fat lady in the tube and she won't move."
"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU CALLING FAT? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW, BITCH, I EAT CHEERIOS LIKE YOU FOR BREAKFAST."

The kid started crying and climbed off the play structure, running back to his dad. Gerard shook his head and grabbed his walkie-talkie.

"Hey, Frank, where are you?" Gerard asked. He paused, waiting for the reply. He hoped that the tiny freshman he worked with would pick up.
"Cleaning up puke in Party Room B. Save my soul," Frank replied.
"See if someone will take care of that for you. I need help in the main room and I need a small person to do it."
"I don't know whether to be offended that you called me small or feel pride that you actually need help from me."
"Be glad that I'm saving you from the puke-fest. Yo, Ray, are you on the line?"
"I've been listening to you guys the whole time," chimed in the fellow high-school graduate, "I'll cover for Frank. You owe me one, Frank."
"I know I do. I'll be there in a minute, Gee."
"Thanks, guys," Gerard replied. He hooked his radio back on his pants, then called up to the slide, "Help is on the way, miss."
"THANK GOD."

Gerard smirked to himself, deciding to take advantage of the situation and follow Ray's lead.

"You know, you owe me one," he said casually.
"I WHAT?"
"You owe me one. Getting you out of there. I could have left you in there. Had someone else take care of it. Left you in there to do it yourself."
"OKAY, DOUCHEBAG, YOU CAN SHUT YOUR MOUTH."
"I'm just saying," he replied, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet, "You owe me."
"FINE."

Gerard smirked as Frank arrived. He nodded to Gerard.

"'Sup."
"'Sup."
"So, what do you need help with?"
"There's a hormonal teenager stuck in the tube. You get her from the top, I'll do it from the bottom?"
"Wait, hold up. There's a teenager stuck in the tube?" Frank asked, holding back laughter, "Oh my God, that is amazing. How old is she?"
"OLD ENOUGH TO FUCK YOU UP," the girl yelled, "I CAN HEAR YOU."
"Cool," Frank replied, popping his gum, "Good for you. I'll take top."
"Bottom."